Katfile.com fraudulent behaviour?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pablo Cordal, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Hi everyone,

I was downloading the Band in a Box packages from katfile.com. Since it's a lot of information, I decided to pay a 30 days premium suscription. The page says the cost would be $18. Ok. I press pay and I receive a message from my bank to confirm the payment of 368.40 TRY. I flipped and canceled the operation.

Anybody knows if this is a normal behaviour? what TRY means? did anybody used this service before?

Best

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

TRY = Turkish Lira. According to an online converter 368.40 TRY = $21.32.

4. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

I'm guessing the additional $3.32 are for Turkish taxes?

5. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Ok, now I calm down my nerves, I was suspecting a scam. Anybody has had experience before with this service?

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

It is still not fair to announce a price in dollars and charge in Turkish Lira, then also not reflecting the known taxes to the client.
    If they charge in Turkish Lira, they should at least reflect the taxes in the announced price which is already a bit expensive so 23$ for one month is a no go IMHO. Compared to Rapidgator.

The real solution is that they should have a dollar account.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  7. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

I totally agree. Besides, the free service allows to download a new file after 2 hours since the last dowload, for BIAB this is eternal. Miserable service. I think for programs so big we should use another service with torrent download.

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Change the IP and you can go on (ATME this works for all free hosters apart from UL).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

I don't know how to do that, I tried restarting the pc.. no IP change. How do you do that?

10. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Forget it, I'll find the way. Thanks anyway!

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Usually conversion fee i think. KF's default currency is USD.

• List
  12. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

That's another topic. Torrent are implemented , but no one use it. The few times torrent have been used, it didn't worked because people dont seed. Torrent imply that some people let their computer on all the time. And none of the members asking for torrent are adding torrent mirrors where mirrors are allowed. So before asking for something, the best is to actually do it.
    Also, there are several European countries where there is an active surveillance over people using torrent and the fines are high.

About katfile policy for non premium users, that's their business. It's free but they have to pay for the servers and bandwidth, so there's nothing to say about this, it's a decision that exclusively belongs to them.

• List
  13. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Thanks for the comments. Olymoon.. Amen, I totally understand and agree what you say. My main purpose opening this thread was to corroborate if the fee price was right, I did not know what a TRY is, not to juzge if the service was right or not.
    Best

14. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Returning to the IP change issue, I tried changing my IpV4 address - 192.168.1.32 to 192.168.1.33 (it's a wireless conection in my pc) and did not work, katfile detects I'm the same user. Could anybody please explain me how to change the ip?

15. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

Ok... after reading a couple of posts I see I have to change the router IP (not my computer IP). Don't worry folks, I'll get it done. Thak you!

16. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

Because I had purchased a 2 year uploaded premium, I didn't want to blindly jump on katfile.
    Rapidgator is also a big no, as they don't allow direct purchases from them, and we must buy vouchers from other premium resellers, and none of those resellers accept paysafecard...

So after reading thousands of times people saying ' get a debrid host', I finally gave it a try... and I must say, up until now, everything worked as intended.
    I got real-debrid premium, and anytime there is something interesting to download, like the recent groove agent content (25GB), because there are no uploaded links, I grab all the rapidgator links, paste them into the real-debrid page, click on create links, and in 1 second, all the links are created. JDownloader automatically detects the ctrl+c, and adds to the download list.
    In less than 10 minutes I was able to download 25GB via real-debrid.
    Is there some download cap, on r-d, like max 50GB per day.. or 100.. etc ? Maybe.. I don't know.
    Currently, real debrid doesn't accept katfile files, but it supports a bunch of hosts, like rapidgator or uploaded.
    So, anyone really really really short on cash, but absolutely needs to download 50 or 100GB, and don't want to use free 50kB/s services, buying a cheap 1 month debrid could be a great alternative.
    I'm glad uploaded still exists. In this big brother world, being able to simply buy a card(serial number) from, eg, a gas station, then, click on my premium profile, add premium, paysafecard, enter the number, and bam, premium activated, I think it is priceless.
    I'm eventually OK with buying premium with a credit card, or PayPal. But when you need (eg, rapidgator) to use a 3rd party reseller, in order to buy a voucher that will be used on a host, suddenly, I'm much less ok with using a visa or PayPal...
    God knows who operates those reseller websites... how much they invest to secure their platform, etc etc.
    If tomorrow a file host was hacked, etc, and the payment data was stolen, we could still more or less count on them to have everything encrypted, etc etc...
    But regarding this premium resellers, if they were, eg, hacked, even if we weren't religious, we'd better start praying... and praying...

17. gatus

gatus Kapellmeister

use alldebrid 9 euros 90 days:wink:

• List
  18. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

What exactly are you afraid of?

- someone stealing money from your band account?
    Fintech companies offer even for free account users a disposable card that changes its card number after each purchase.

- discovering your identity?
    When you use internet (e.g. download a file), your IP address is registered on the host server and is enough for investigators to identify you.

19. softice

softice Producer

kgughj

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  20. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

That's not true, or you didn't explain well.
    I pay for my premium RG account directly to them every month

That was true before, and may still be true in some countries. But now, most fiber connection have a fixed IP.
    Disconnecting your router won't change it.

It depends were you live. In Europe, several countries, like France, have laws that forces your ISP to watch and report users who use Torrent, and the fines are really high.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  21. Pablo Cordal

Pablo Cordal Ultrasonic

I've used torrents for many years now. I belong to that generation that downloaded hundreds of GB of megaupload at the speed of light for free. Now I see that things have changed, maybe that's why I think the free service is so bad in katfile. It's bad for me because I have other to compare to.

In any case, I finally bought a 30-day subscription on rapidshare and here I am, downloading like crazy.

Best