Kaossilator pro Mpc style finger drumming

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by kenstowicz, Aug 10, 2014.

1. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

Im Thinking about making a tutorial/ Ableton live template on how I map my kaossilator pro in Ableton using it to play drums (drum rack)/ launch samples/ to modulate and trigger multiple momentary Fx Every kaossilator pro tut ive seen sux balls and i feel Im one of the few getting the most out of mine. I could also show anybody how to change behavior of the xy pad/buttons using the kp editor. I cannot stress enough how awesome the kaossilator pro is as a "drum machine"

Attached Files:

3. aussie

aussie Member

Thanks, kenstowicz. I recently swapped an old Kurzweil K2000 for a new Kaossilator pro +. This should come in handy.

4. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

Ill make a video tutorial eventually but for now ive included written instructions and some screenshots let me know if i missed anything or if you need help getting it to work. Ill be doing another post of how i use my kaossilator for momentary fx when i run traktor through Ableton. if you got any tips/tricks for me lemme know!

5. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

For anyone who wants to check it out here ya go https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf0luqnkhgkvb5t/Dan.k%27s%20Kaos%20Fingerdrum.zip

6. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

By the way are there any new capabilities on the Pro + besides new sounds?

7. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

I guess i cant post links on here? anyone know where i i can post a link to my dropbox?

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You certainly can post links to your Dropbox here, we do it all the time. The reason your posts are not showing up right away is because you're a new member and have to get approved to post. Anyway now is as good a time as any to welcome you to the forums. [​IMG]

9. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

Thanks for the clarification Catralyst Im a huge fan of the audioz/audio sex community its helped me out a lot. Happy to make some kind of contribution

10. Lette

Lette Ultrasonic

Thank you my friend - look forward to the video :wink:

11. aussie

aussie Member

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm a noob with the Kaossilator, and other than buying a 16 GB SIM card for it, and doodling around with a few layers I know very little about it so far, except that it has some great patches. Thanks very much for that Fingerdrum template that you made.

12. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

No problem today I noticed that the choke on a snare in the second kit conflicts with another sample and they abruptly cut each other out. You can fix it by changing the choke on one or the other

13. kenstowicz

kenstowicz Newbie

heres a beat i made using this kaossilator pro template today https://soundcloud.com/user833544161/kaossilator-pro-fingerdrum