Kaoss Pad Routing

Discussion in 'PC' started by Bassmonsta, May 14, 2015.

1. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Hey Everyone!

I have just had the pleasure of purchasing the Korg Kaoss pad KP3.
    I searched the web and there is not much information on there in regards to setting this up as an external effect. I currently use Ableton 9 as my main DAW, but I'm also an avid Maschine user.
    Ideally, I would like to use the Kaoss pad to process audio tracks or the master in Ableton and record the wet signal back into Live. I'm pretty new to using out of the box gear and I'm by no means seasoned in using outboard gear. I'm not familiar with the Korg Kaoss pad either I read some reviews and heard lots of good things. I purchased it pretty cheap at a used equipment store
    I read some where the best way to connect up is by RCA cables in and out of my interface ( Komplete Audio 6 )

For one - is this even possible to do?
    For two - is it super tricky to set up?
    For Three - Has anybody got one of these set up and running in Live in the way I described above?
    For Four - I don't really want to use this as a performance tool. I just want to use it as an effects unit and record the effected signal back into Ableton.

If some one would be so kind would be able to advise me on the easiest way to configure this it would be greatly appreciated! In Live or Maschine it really doesn't matter.

As always please and thank you for any comments or reply's.

Many Thanks,

Bassmonsta

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Komplete 3/4 out - Kaoss in - kaoss out - Komplete 3/4 in

Main out to monitors/headphones as usual. Just set up your DAW's external/outboard routing to be on in/out 3/4.

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

what baxter said yeah, i used to use mine in fl studio but that didnt work out to well, the sync to the kp3 unit kept drifting after 30 secs orso. not sure if that was a problem with fl-studio, windblows or the kp3 itself, was never able to figure it out, i now use it just for performances.

5. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Thanks Fellas will give this a whirl!

6. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Got this all up and running perfectly now. Thank you all so much for your help! :mates: