Justin Bieber - The Feeling

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by lukeallison, Nov 26, 2016.

1. lukeallison

lukeallison Kapellmeister

I'm trying to get a similar sound to the beginning of this song. Dark, warm and etherial. Any hints? I have Omnisphere 2, Massive and Output's plugins. I'd like to breakdown everything aside from the lead sound.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  3. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

In my opinion would be kind of impossible to find out exactly from where that sound was taken (if wasn't customized), also think several parts are reversed but I'm not sure about it.
    Maybe add to your libraries the Photosynthesis series by Audio Imperia, if memory serves I recall hearing similar sounds in those series.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@lukeallison I was going to suggest starting a thread for it.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

You have Omnisphere. Why don't you invest some time in that?

Since I don't currently have Omnisphere I would go with any H.G Fortune synth (freeware) or even the free Majken Chimera.
    The intro before the drums/percussion seems to be made up of 4 layers. 1) pad 2) reversed middy (bandpassed) vocally sound 3) pitched/formanted vocal ad-lib with reverb 4) higher pitched pad.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Is Justin Bieber "coming out" by his releasing this video?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. lukeallison

lukeallison Kapellmeister

It's Omnisphere, of course I've already blown a whole day on flicking through 1000 samples that all sound the same. I'm reaching out to you guys to borrow your experience rather than me waste more time. After all, isn't that the purpose of the "how to make that sound" subforum?

You gave me some good advice so I'll go down that path and see what I can come up with. I didn't think the sound would be that complex given how simple it is. Nothing in the "warm pads" section of Omnisphere sounds anywhere near as organic or lush. It just sounds like cheesy 80s synths you would accompany a sci-fi film with but not Inception, Dr Who.

8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

There are definitely more than a few layers going on in it