Just venting about a family issue

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by B00nD0ggie, Feb 4, 2022.

1. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

So I've been having issues with my eyes, turns out it's pretty serious and I need surgery, but lemme give u a bit of insight into my family life and why I need to rant\vent. My dad has been having to drive me around but I had an eye appointment yesterday (Thursday), and I knew I'm gonna get the dilation drops and my eyes will be out of commission for a few hours. Well got the bad news after the appointment that I have a retinal tear in my eye and need immediate surgery, so we were setting up the appointment, the receptionist says hows about tomorrow Friday morning at 07:45? I'm like, yeah, let's do it, glad to have it being addressed so quickly! Pops jumps in, "Oh No! I gotta take my truck to get serviced! (@0930)".
    Are we seriously right now? My eyes need emergency surgery, which I might or might not be able to delay, but, usually, when the doctor says u need surgery asap, I'm very inclined to think I don't have time to waste. For those of u a lil slow on the uptake, if I don't get the surgery I could go blind. I don't know, maybe I'm just being a lil bit worrisome? Ya think?
    But of all reasons to delay eye surgery... getting his truck serviced???? Let's see.. eye surgery, let's wait, but damn If I don't get the truck serviced, OH NO! Like, MAYBE reschedule the truck getting serviced!!???
    Livid beyond all belief, even the receptionist, I couldn't see her face, but I could hear her say, slowly, slightly under her breath, and with a bit of confusion, "It's his... eyes.. he needs emergency surgery...?" She was so perplexed. I honestly don't know if my dad did not understand the gravity of the situation, and if he didn't, HOW? This issue continued more as I explained to my dad throughout the day what medically was going on with my eyes, and the conversation repeatedly steered back to whether or not the appointment was going to interfere with his truck maintenance plans.
    I love my dad, but he's just an amazing idiot, almost a comic book joke character if he wasn't real. There's more to this story. I did not get the surgery due to other issues (no local facilities were in my insurance network), but that was a painful, weirdly comical insight into my life. Hope your life is much better (and much funnier).