Just out of curiosity - How often do you get "speciel" offers from Waves?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by phloopy, Aug 26, 2019.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Im having about 2 to 3 so called special offers every week from Waves Audio via mail.

It´s often the same offers, just called something a bit different each time.

I find it a strange market strategy to contact potential customers so often when the value of their offer is simply a repeat of their very last offer, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Is the market so squeezed in terms of finances that they think this is necessary? Or is it just how developers thinking generally is nowadays?

So.... just out of curiosity.......What do you think?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Ikagura

Ikagura Producer

I usually get 1 email a week from them, 2 or 3 if they recently released a new plugin.
    Talking about market strategy, this is my favourite one from them. I laughed really hard when I received this, it's literally lootboxes in audio production world. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Yeah I had that one myself and you´re completely right - that was indeed a laugh!

5. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Yeah I get the "Daily Special" thing too with the three plugins for 24 hour sale thing. I think they do that every single day. The timer triggers when youre logged in and look at the specials. I think if you go back the next day 24 hours later, you can do it again with three new plugins. I still dont know why anybody pays full price for anything of theirs. Even before I bought my first one, they used to drop them as low as like $30 all the time, you just had to wait for the ones you wanted to roll around on their week. Finally bought the first bunch of em, and not even 2 weeks later I was able to get the rest of the analog plugins for like 1/3 of the regular price. Probably going to kill me when its time to do the Waves Update thing, but more than likely you'll be able to rebuy new licenses for updates cheaper than the WUP plan charges you hah. Im only one plugin short of the whole SSL Collection (the extra redundant G EQ), and they want almost $400 I think to upgrade to the whole pack. Nah the rest of it cost me less than $100 (the bus compressor was FREE), Ill just rebuy it later for less hah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

You seriously have a point @Ikagura :like:

7. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

The best offers are on the sister site.

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Surely @Moogerfooger especiallly if you want all the shite installed (about 5 Gb) and dont like the feeling going legit then it´s indeed THE option I agree :like: :bleh::mates: