Just got Omnisphere 2 2r2. Issue with Patch Data (Mac)

Discussion in 'Software' started by allourep, Feb 7, 2020.

1. allourep

allourep Newbie

Im able to load up Omnisphere 2 in Logic just fine but this message always comes up:

"Data properties file not found for Omnisphere. A possible explanation is that the installation was not completed properly (Omnisphere patch data needs to be upgraded to version 2; review installation procedure and install the version 2 data)."

I have a steam folder and omnisphere is locating it just fine. I have tried setting write permissions on the STEAM folder in both the alias and the real folder to Read and Write for everyone.

Anyone deal with this before?
    Thanks

3. allourep

allourep Newbie

Anyone have this issue?

4. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

So let me get this straight. You started two threads for same issue within an hour, then bumped one of them 30 or so minutes later..

Jesus Christ. You're not entitled to instant assistance on this site. Please, just be patient.

5. frumtheslums

frumtheslums Guest

It doesn't sound like this is a permissions issue. There are 3 updates to consider with Omnisphere. The software update for the plugins, the soundsource library one and the patch update. Can't remember the names exactly but it looks like you may need to update the patch one. Make sure you loaded the sound update for this as well. Personally I wouldn't have your permissions "read/write" set to "everyone" though. Just admin and user but thats up to you.

6. allourep

allourep Newbie

Thank you so much for the help. I will give this a shot and post the results.

7. allourep

allourep Newbie

Hey sorry. I really am a noob at this forum stuff. I couldn't even tell if my original post was posted and couldn't find it. Always very appreciative of everyones time. Thanks everyone

8. allourep

allourep Newbie

Okay. I did what you said. I have updated the software, the soundsource library and the patch. It had some effect. It is now giving me a different message saying:

"Error loading waveform"

9. allourep

allourep Newbie

Another prompt that also appears is:

"Cannot load SoundSource '____' from Directory "Core Library". File '_____'.zmap may be missing or corrupted. Try refreshing the SoundSource Browser."

10. allourep

allourep Newbie

Here is an example of an error message I get when trying to load up a sound (does this for EVERY sound)

"Cannot load SoundSource "Hohner Guitaret Release" from Directory "Core Library". File Hohner Guitaret Release.zmap may be missing or corrupted. Try refreshing the SoundSource Browser."

There is nowhere on my computer where there is a file named Hohner Guitaret Release.zmap. Should there be? The only zmap file I know of is zamp.index

11. frumtheslums

frumtheslums Guest

It sounds like you have a corrupted or incomplete factory library. Try re installing or downloading if that still didn't work. Can grab a quick copy from torrent if needed