Just got a $4000 Mac Pro Desktop, any downside for the hardware running Warez on this new baby?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by qpzm1234, Jul 10, 2011.

1. geiar

geiar Noisemaker

I say, if you asked such questions you surely don't deserve that kind of hardware. :dont:

..."and only because i want to run a huge vst/au setup"... you say! Yet you haven't the faintest idea of how the whole thing works even at it's most basic levels.
    My suggestion "would have been" for you to spend 2000$ on a quadcore PC running Win7 x68 with 8GB of ram... 1000$ on legit software and the rest on a "basic understanding computer-based music production" course.

Too late (of course). :(
    But look at the bright side...
    ..within 4 or 5 years (I am being generous..) you'll have learned the basics ins and outs of computer based music making and will have enough savings to buy yourself a new MAC (5 years from now the one you just bought will be an old white elefant) :rofl:

Why is it that money is always in the wrong hands? :(

2. qpzm1234

qpzm1234 Newbie

I didn't want a PC because I wanted Logic, and I don't like the idea of hackintosh...I could get a macbookpro for half the money, but i heard it isn't easy to expand...i am kind of regretting i got such an expensive machine tho, maybe an imac wouldva been the better cheaper choice...

3. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

its almost impossible to really upgrade an apple computer so you probably wont be able to upgrade that one either ...Apple sells a very close world, they actually sell disposable computers...and indeed a mac book pro would have probably been quite enough in your case I reckon ...but anyway now you have it so better use it to the full...stop trawling the internet and go make some music, at least you cant complain about hardware limitations!!! :bleh:

4. Detritus777

Detritus777 Newbie

Theres probably "nuff said" about this topic. But anyway here another response: I can just speak for PC, a Mac is too expensive for me *no* :
    You can't harm hardware with software (there are a few exceptions like stress-test software in combination with overclocking). But in a worst case scenario you could screw up your Mac with viruses and malware in such a way that you have to format the harddisk and reinstall the OS. So, unless you made a backup before you have lost all your personal documents, pictures, music etc.

Until now there exist much less software "with bad behavior" for Mac than for Windows-PC. But I think this will change in the next years as the Macs are getting more and more popular.

5. SUPERSUKEBE

SUPERSUKEBE Newbie

Brother.....welcome to the "Lamb basting"
    Right question, with wrong info given.

Your question has been answered though.....you are good to go!