Just for the fun of it

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by jennyblack, Mar 7, 2019.

1. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Some seqs, arps, loops, a little improvisation and noises. Lo-fi, raw and minimalistic. Just for the fun of it, as producing more seriously can sometimes be boring and tiresome.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  3. Mat O

Mat O Guest

Much much better than 90% of the produced #@%$&^ stuff that happen these days.Thank you jennybalck for sharing.Do you mind telling the plugins or equipments used t o make these.10s to 12s is magnificient. Thankyou.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Loved it! :woot: What kind of synth did you use?

5. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

The synth is cool but the mix skills are really on

6. flush with your foot

flush with your foot Platinum Record

hi jennyblack, the track from 7.47 is nice....to work! Work! and forget tiresome....:rofl:
    Happy week.

7. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

Hey guys, thank you all for your feedback! Much appreciated! Very glad you liked it!

Well, for the synths, I used nothing too special:
    Xils3 CM is the arp in the first track
    MinimogueLuxus is the arp in the second track
    Square 1 is the bass in the third track, plus korg m1 le as percussion.
    Aalto CM is the sequence in the last one (improvisation recorded direct into an audio channel: I hope I had used a midi channel instead, so I could change things a little as things got out of control and editing became almost impossible lol).

Wow and flutter free vst was used as fx in some synths, as well as a tape sim from waves in the master (j37 is the name?) with some automation to make things unstable.

As I said, nothing too special. As I used very few tracks (5 or 6) to keep it raw, punk, minimalistic and low-fi, the textures were not hard to achieve.

Thank you all once again for the feedback!

8. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Nice work!

If you can be bothered to work on it more, I was wondering why the kickdrum sounded so disorienting and annoying. I think you're modulating the kickdrum with something random there to give it more variety?

Instead of doing that, try sidechaining other things to the solid (amplitude-wise) kick, and modulate the sidechain pump as its own subtle instrument. I think that would make the disorientation go away. I would also play around with making the kick hit less often...

9. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

I think it"s the wow of the tape sim in the master (and a delay in the kick on the second track). I agree with you. Thanks for the suggestions!

10. DaVa-67

DaVa-67 Kapellmeister

Pretty good! I like it. :wink:

11. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Love it, although yes; that amount of hiss doesn't help. Some subtile, crunchy filtered wax static (some spice) on clean bus would be much gentile on ears. Just a thought. And yes; cant agree more with that - "not jff live mangling, often can be boring and tiresome".