Just for electronic lovers

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Feb 6, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedy_J
    Really amazing! Electronic music without drums. When I hear the term "minimal", unconsciously knight @The Teknomage is being borne in my mind. :winker:

And also recently @Avenel gave me a sign of minimalism in choosing sounds and notes when even an extra layer of sound would be destructive.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

4. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

track nr.2 : excellent minimal electronic, this is an author to watch !

track nr.1 : i wouldn't touch any Speedy J production with a 10 foot pole, this guy just can't play and he was very lucky in scoring a few successful hardcore tracks in the 90s, nothing to do with melody anyway and absoluely terrible when he tries to do anything else especially minimal/Ambient.
    i mean look at this track, he's a supposed professional musician but he can barely play a single chord and it sucks too .. since you asked i checked his recent stuff and i see an improvement but still he can't play, just compare this track to any track by Silicon Scientist .. wow like day and night !
    Ritchie Hawtin followed the same path but at least he was very good at doing Detroit Techno and he kept a low profile with his minimalistic attempts, finally he gave up altogether as he made 1000x times more money as a DJ but that's a shame, he could have give birth to something interesting, Speedy J instead had zero talent and no hope.

---------

so, actually there are many other good examples already in the 70s if you have some time to explore some obscure german bands from the past.
    the core concepts are similar and in any case there were minimal tracks with piano already in the 1800 so it's really nothing new but using electronic sound it take a totally different vibe of course.
    the irony is that at the time they were "forced" to keep it minimal because they were limited by their hardware while today being minimal is purely a choice.

indeed there's no need to abuse the use of sounds in a composition, on the other side if you use a lot of FX you can make amazing minimalistic things with barely 2-3 sound at all.
    but there's a catch ... while the sound can be minimal the is still King and it will be more important than in a normal song because in a minimal song there are less distraction so the focus is all on the melody.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. foster911

foster911 Guest

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Was gonna post this in another tread, but figured I'd put it here. Have a listen through the different tracks. I think you will like it.http://www.savetier.eu/musical-review-2016
    The rest of the site is quite interesting. And here's a band not on that list, but came across them through the site. Beware Explicit Blasphemous Lyrics. But a good track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

the other Crabon Based Lifeform Albums are also as nice as the above :)

12. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Did foster really just post a bassnectar track?!?. This is the same type of artist you were just bashing, lol

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

16. sada asdasdasd

sada asdasdasd Member

Just discovered this :D.

17. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

This is just 4 sounds (2 of them are arps) and some verb. Not even a proper progression, no resolve, no tension. Just a seesawing of the melody back and forth. No real mood or changes for me. Prolly wrote it as an intro for his live sets. If I was at this show, this would have been my cue to leave the floor and get a fresh cold drink, lol

18. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Now were takling, MWNN has a lot of really good breaks/trance in his catalog. I have mixed his music (sped up to 135-140bpm) in my ol skool breaks set before. Mixes well with old Rabbit in the moon, hardkiss, types of trancey breaks

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  19. Ultram

Ultram Kapellmeister

I get your sentiment but I think you're being a bit unkind, Back in the day there just wasn't as many people making electronic music due to barrier to entry of synths/equipment.
    He must of had something going because Warp wouldn't of signed him otherwise. Some of the 90's stuff can sound quite dated compared to todays production standards.
    [EDIT] I've just been listening to some of his other stuff it's really not that good, sounds really 90's presety, Ha

Well compared to something like this still sounds as fresh as the day it came out

The 90's sure were an interesting period of time for the emergence of modern Ambient / Techno / Trance, I'm just really grateful that I was there.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  20. foster911

foster911 Guest

My friends @The Teknomage and @Kloud this track is for you:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  21. saltwater

saltwater Guest

CBLF is just wonderful

i liked this one from speedy j: