Just finished this new track, Feedbacks are very welcome

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by elias2tife, Mar 3, 2020.

1. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Hello guys!

I just finished this new track, I experiment a lot and try new genres each time.

This time I tried to make Trap music combined with cinematic/orchestral flavor!

I hope you like it, feedbacks are welcome!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  3. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Not sure if I wouldn't have it as dry as possible reverb wise.
    Even if that makes things a little less 'pleasing' I presume that would be the more fitting aesthetics.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thanks for the feeback ! The reverb was intentional for a dreamy effect, but since the mixing and mastering was done using cheap headsets it might have caused an unpleasing vibe, I'll have to recheck the reverbs on a different system/headsets

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Interestingly, I would've added some very subtle room to all the drum pieces to make them sound bigger.

But nice track.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

I see, I could maybe make space by lowering bit of reverb or the volume of strings, will def take a second look at it.

Thank you so much for the feedback, means a lot.

7. Satai

Satai Rock Star

It's a really cool work, but does not sound "finished" yet - if you ask me, it could use more variations and feelings. Make it crumple into a tiny meek point in a couple places, then explode out like a starburst of energy... Add dynamic volume variations (especially to different sections of the beat, as it currently stays the same throughout and that makes it sound screwed on, not part of the full breathing fabric of it).

Above all it would be really good to add a few things that never repeat. In a couple of strategic points.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Stryves

Stryves Platinum Record

Beginning sounds like the laugh from Gorillaz D.A.R.E., definitely missing something extra. IMHO atmosphere or a pad, nothing heavy but floating in the background. Good luck!

EDIT: Oops, it was Feel Good Inc I was thinking of.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  9. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

drums are kinda annoying cause they are not driving the music but rather cutting it, they are tiny but too present. Cut some highs on that snare and add some reverb maybe. The kick and bass are good and the idea can work, sounds like a mysterious movie passage Are you using samples or did you create the atmospheres?

10. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

The drums need to be balanced, the snare is indeed bit harsh.

I created most of the atmospheres, strings (cello, violon etc..), retro pads, a subtle vocal combined with a light layer of 1 or 2 samples, like the snoring voice you could hear at the very end. I used to produce lifting trance music, sooo..

11. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thanks for the feedbacks, I tried to not overdo it with the pad since, I'm keeping in mind there will be vocals on top of it (hopefully I'll find someone)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

TBH I did rush by the end, the track lacks polishing, I kept in mind there will be vocals on it I thought it would cover it, now that you mentioned I'm gonna rework on that aspect.

Thank you so much for the insight

13. Satai

Satai Rock Star

Your track had a kick ass old-school vibe, so here's a little suggestion you might want to consider. If doing the variations for the main beat gives you that sinking feeling of "damn, I'll never get this damn track finished this way", then try doing it the original oldschool way:

- render out the main beat, main beat with no kick, and main beat "sparse" with no kick/snare and anything else you feel like removing. For extra sauce, add a couple of filtered versions.
    - load the above audio samples into a sampler, and now reprogram variations of the beat by shifting the start point inside the sample, changing the sample from full to sparse, and a lot of retriggering by midi.

So the idea is, we rhythmically trigger the main beat (+any filtered or sparse variations of it), starting from other places than the actual start point, and then let it play on from that point for however long it feels good to let it. Set the sampler to choke itself on retrig for the most useful results.

This method produces oldschool sounding results that can be surprisingly cool to listen to, and you can't really get the same feel by programming with individual drum sounds... Good luck, it's the final stretch with this baby!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Charlomagne

Charlomagne Ultrasonic

Treat your rooms (recording & mix) and everything will be in place.

15. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Do you have by chance a youtube tuto demonstrating this method, it sounds interesting.

And good observation! it is indeed influenced by old school vibes, the used pads have a moogish flavor, in fact my latest attempt was this song influenced by 80' style.

16. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

Yes, that is the way to do it, and if you make trance, then those drums will be no problem to be adapted.

17. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  18. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I love the suspenseful feeling I get from this (the first track you posted). This reminds me of the beginning of Jean-Michel Jarre live in the desert. It's a kind of welcome, there are interesting things coming. I love it like it is. Would definitely work great at the beginning of a live set. Maybe the intro of an album, and it should be longer, gradually becoming something as more and more is added.

19. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thank you so much for the feedback! it means a lot. I remember watching the set of Jean Michel jar live in the desert of Marzouga (Morocco), I'm moroccan myself, so I remember how he mixed electronic music in a creative way with local traditional music, it was mindblowing for me.