Just explain to me what Studio X is..?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by filtersweep, Dec 31, 2017.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i cannot seem to get clear info.
    it seems like it is macros but something more...
    is it something ( as a studio One user) that i need to check out?
    i have trawled the webs a bit and cannot work out wtf it is, specifically.
    thanks for wisdom on the matter : )

3. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Collection of macro and custom scripts with separate installer.

4. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Studio One X is a scripts & executable library (an add-on that adds features to studio one) made by an independent developer.

The more informative answer is that it adds enhanced functionality to Studio One, such as console/mixer presets, enhanced midi features such as chord menu and many other heavily requested functionality that presonus has yet to implement.

There's quite a bit of features that packed into the last version Studio One X, (more than I even know about) it really adds the things that studio one was missing to be an all encompassing daw above all others.

These guys have a few videos exploring some of the features and explaining what Studio One X is, I would check out their youtube page for more info on Studio One X:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

6. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

The developer also claims (after he ended studio one x from public use) that he put out the studio one x for others to build upon and develop, and closed it down for lack of support, in that regards. Thing is, he (developer) never even mentioned this to anyone who used Studio One X. People aren't mind readers, if you have goals that you want others to help achieve, it might behoove you to inform them of that.:facepalm:

7. filtersweep

ahh..
    thanks for the info.
    i suspect the reason i couldn't find it out must be due to the developer withdrawing it.
    i shall carry on looking for Studio One macros..
    happy new year : )

8. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Why don't you ask Lawrence on the PS forum, or at KVR, Inkwarp?

9. filtersweep

lawrence?
    who he?
    :)

edit: i know what you mean now.
    presonus forums..
    i'm on my way..

10. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

If you want to download and install of files for the installation of the last version of Studio One X are here: https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-do-you-install-studio-one-x.30244/page-2

Also you should know that the developer put a time bomb in the script that causes it to expire a month or so after Studio One X is installed. I posted a method to over come this time limit and keep Studio One X working, also posted in the thread above.

There is nowhere else you can download the Studio One X packages from except in the link above, I know because I'm the one who prompted audiosex users to compile all of the pieces here.

11. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Lawrence, you know? The s1 expert who made macros for it. You would have chatted to him before at kvr in the years you've been there.

12. filtersweep

it looks way to complicated for me. i am not in a hurry to screw up my setup so will pass.
    thanks for info though.

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

@filtersweep . it's not complicated at all, actually very easy just a few copy\paste key strokes and it's a done deal and you can easily delete it all if you're not happy. the tool set alone should justify the try on your part, anybody reading this will confirm, your set up(DAW) will be just fine and maybe even make you coffee in the morning :)

14. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Yeah, the installation its pretty simple, and my work around to defeat the time bomb might seem complex, but its not. Both process take less than 5 mins.

15. I dont think you should care about it. I dont care. I dont know what it is or what it does. if one day you are looking for something specific and you know what you need and you stumble across it you will know what it is for and what it does. Peace man!

16. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Sometimes a person does not know what they could find useful unless they actually see it , just because you do not care does not mean the next person will also feel the same. I have been using S1 since day one, an original Beta tester(it's a German thing) and The studio X macro package is perfect, as if Presonus did it themselves. Talking about stuff that you have no clue about is just straight up ignorance

17. filtersweep

Kudos! you were right it was so worth it and wasn't as terrible as i was anticipating. i am sure i'm not alone with peeps who have had small disasters for fiddling with the time settings.. so thanks

18. filtersweep

oops.. may have spoken to soon.
    now for some reason i cannot fathom, when i drag a .WAV file into the arranger it automatically sets a loop range around it. any ideas why? is it possibly the studioone x install?

19. im not talking about stuff i dont know about. or did it look that way to you smartass? mine are actual facts, if you dont know wat u doing.. and look at stuff you shouldnt be looking at... it means something. Cheers

20. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

WRONG!! According to my parents ,smartass is my sister ,I'm dumbass, get it right before you attempt to insult me

21. You have a sick mind, you looking for fights. If i wanted to insult you. you will be runnin to mommy cryin like a lil tiny teeny tight paussiye baby. Get over it, this isnt place for getting butthurt. Bye