Jupiter 4 VST tape hiss?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shiori Oishi, Nov 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

Hi all! I'm having a bit of trouble with Roland Cloud's Jupiter 4. It has a constant tape hiss-like sound that seems to be connected to the condition knob. This noise comes in constant waves, as if it was being modulated by an LFO. It goes up as I crank the condition knob, but is still audible when I set the knob to a minimum. Also, it resonates even if there are no notes being played, pretty much like a tape emulator of sorts. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thank you so much!

3. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

After further checks, I realized the condition knob does make it worse, but the root of the problem is that blue ensemble switch... and, it turns out, that seems to be a well-known issue that harks back to the original hardware!

That's authenticity for ya!

4. secretworld

secretworld Producer

I am not sure this plugin has it, but I know that some Roland plugs have an option somewhere to enable and disable the noise.
    Makes perfect sense. On some for example pad sounds, the modulated noise is really a part of that sound.
    If you cant disable it and dont like it, just turn the chorus off and use another one as an insert in your daw. Many more interesting and sounding better available.