Juno 106...and???

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Firstedition, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Firstedition

Firstedition Newbie

Hello all!

I am confused...

I have a juno 106 synth and i'm in need of a audio interface to record sounds using logic pro 9.

My friend suggested the Rme Babyface interface...

What are your suggestions?

I want something amazing.

Thanks yall

3. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

Hello,

Well it depend if you plan to buy other hardware stuff in the future.

The babyface is really good but has limited inputs, if you plan to buy other synths in the future have a look to RME fireface ( 400/800 )

RME is a great choice you can t be wrong with it.

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

RME is a great choice you can t be wrong with it. ??? Do you Actually own one ? or just say that because of its High Price Tag? RME isnt as great as people say, there are way better out there
    Rme was great yrs ago when there wasnt much around! Now the 90s are over. Do youre Home work

5. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

RME is amazing dude. Get their FireWire interfaces. Or if you want USB, get Apogee Duet.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Actually, studio5599 is somewhat right IMO. Their interfaces are a bit overpriced for what you get, and the quality isn't that amazing for the price. That goes for Apogee IMHO, too... However, I must give them one thing - DRIVER is freaking GREAT! The thing is, I bought their HDSP 9652 only [well almost] because the driver is great, and it works wonderfully for as long as everything is within the digital domain, and 9652 is a digital only card. When it comes to converters, I would rather buy TC Electronic Konnekt or Twin... they're not cheap, either, but you get a really great interface with really great DSP FX! My Konnekt 48 is on the way... :) It was a decision that took me months to come to. From all the RME, Focusrite and MOTU interfaces I picked Konnekt 48 to be my ADDA converter for the HDSP 9652. It's not just the converter quality that made me decide, but more as a whole pack of things. MOTU would be my second choice, and I was soooo close to buying either 2408MKIII or 896, but their mic pres aren't that good, and they break more often than they should. I found that RME interface, when compared to TC Konnekt just doesn't give me as much. Don't take me wrong, Fireface 800 is a great interface, and Fireface 400, too! Great all around features, and I can recommend them if you don't like Konnekt or Twin. Also, if you need only preamps and ADDA, Focusrite has a great only ADDA and Preamps interface Octopre MKII Dynamic http://www.focusrite.com/products/mic_pres/octopre_mkii_dynamic/ with nice compressors per channel. ;) I was considering that one for ages, too, and I would have bought it, but I needed a standalone device for on location recording and Octopre just didn't fit the bill for me regarding features... They also have this really nice firewire adudio interface that I considered Saffire Pro40 http://www.focusrite.com/products/audio_interfaces/saffire_pro_40/ hmmmm actually I should still maybe reconsider... because for the difference in price I could possibly buy some additional stuff... hmmm You see, I don't have money to waste, but if a device is IMO worth it I'd buy it no matter the price. ;)

Tough decisions! LOL I wish you good luck in your endeavour! LOL I'd really like to know what you decided. PM me please and tell me about your experiences firstandlast. ;)

Edit: one tip for those who need great and rather cheap DA converter. TC BMC-2. I have it for about two years now connected to my Dynaudios BM12A and everybody who walks into my room while I work goes "wow, what a dynamics and clarity, jeez" :) I think Konnekt 48 is a bit overpriced though, but BMC-2 is *da shit* DA converter and it uses the same DA converter. Look it up on TC electronic site. Great monitor controller. I couldn't live without it. LOL http://www.tcelectronic.com/bmc-2.asp and there's Studio Konnekt 48 http://www.tcelectronic.com/studiokonnekt48.asp

7. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

I have a fireface 800 and a motu 828mk3 so yes i own a RME studio5599 ;)

i record 22 tracks at the same time without any problem.
    My Fireface has way better punch than my brandnew 828mk3, especialy the inputs.

So YOU should do your homework kid, RME is still one of the best audio interface brand out there.

I use it everyday professionnaly, it rocks !

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thank you, Tomazzi for this valuable input. That just convinced me not to even consider MOTU interfaces. ;) But I'm still left with the great choice of TC, RME and Focusrite. I wonder what Firstandlast will come up with, in the end. :)

Does anybody have any experiences with Focusrite or TC interfaces?

I need an interface with 8 analog outputs and good ADDA conversion so I could send channels for mixing to the Soundcraft console and back. I just like mixing shit on it... it feels so analog. :)

Cheers!

9. uber909

uber909 Member

Go have a look at Gearslutz forum, this topic has been treated endlessly...

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I don't wonder about it any more. It's really tiresome. After months of considering and reconsidering I just ordered T.C. StudioKonnekt 48 for 999$ from Sweetwater which is a great price for it. :) I think that thing is great bang for the buck, possibly the greatest among the mid to high class interfaces. Essentially you get some PowerCore plugins with it, too. Nice package. ;) There are also some ADDA tests on Gearslutz, and they show TC Konnekt as one of the best in transparent conversion [loopback]. It should work nicely with an external console. ;)

I already have great experiences with Danish companies. Like my Dynaudio speakers and T.C. BMC-2. I love them both to death, so this will be a nice addition to the studio. If only Danish made good consoles... hmmm I wonder, maybe they do, but I don't know it? LOL I'm kinda stuck with Soundcraft as they give a lot of bang for the buck, and are clean sounding consoles.

Cheers!