jungle

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gyro Gearloose, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yeah I think we have listened the sampled Amen or Apache breaks enough....

2. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

The workflow isn't so bad really, maybe a little slower while you wait for the CPU. Ill keep using my 6400 Ultra til death. Its kinda like an MPC, its workflow contributes a little to the crazy shit its known for. Granted, I dont use it for drums, got an MPC that does only that. The EMU is the bass/pad/noise/everything else machine. Ive also been using them forever, you have to be able to deal with the slow dinosaur pace some of them have compared to your computer. Its comfortable and familiar for me, but its the tradeoff if you really have to have 'that sound'.

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Do you sample your synths or do you use it because you work with acoustic/electric instruments such as guitar/bass guitar/piano/etc?I'm thinking to buy one E6400 Ultra for the sound qualities but I'm aware of the complicated workflow.I wonder if it's worth the hassle or not.I would use it to resample my drums made with my Tempest or from sample libraries in first.Why don't you use the E6400 Ultra for your drums?

4. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I do both, depending on what I'm doing. Usually if I have an actual synth doing a part, I let the synth do it. It makes me feel like Im getting my money out of my gear haha. All of my stuff goes into a 24 channel mixer before it hits the 24 channels on my interface so if I NEED to resample it I can, but alot of times I leave the synth on its own and run it through some outboard gear. Basses though, if I make a bass on my Bass Station, I usually sample it once I have a loop down. The filters in the EMU are pretty unique and combined with all the modulation matrix stuff, its THE tool for jungle/dnb sounds. The gain tool in it alone does the most awesome things when you keep overloading a fat bass sample. I wouldn't let the workflow put you off. The 'classic' E4s supposedly sound 'better' and those are what most of the classic jungle/dnb stuff was done with (when it wasn't an Akai). But the Ultra's can use EOS 4.7 which means you can format your hard drives/disks/sd cards as FAT format. An Ultra running 4.7 can natively load a raw wave file right from disk, so getting samples in it is no problem that way. The rest of it is just learning where things are on the menu.

EOS 4 is laid out alot more intuitively than something like an Akai S2000/3000/5000/6000/etc.. If you know what the tools do in the first place, like looping/truncating/sampling/etc, you can be up and running in no time with one. Get one soon if you're going to, dumbasses are trying to put them up over $1000 on Reverb lately.

I dont use the EMU for drums because I have an MPC Live. Way better suited for tweaking chopped up breakbeats than the EMU.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Ok Thank you for your answer.What are the most common problems with these Emu samplers to look,before buying one?Are they reliable?Are some encoders or buttons dodgy?

6. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

not so much jungle anymore but anyway