JiM Rivers - how to make techno

Discussion in 'Live' started by davpat, May 29, 2013.

1. davpat

davpat Newbie

hi guys this is the fist part of jim rivers tutorials for enyone hwos in to techno house etc like me im not that keen on the track hes doing though
    but im just curious how he makes a new loop from another loop in minute five he expalins what he does but he doesent exactly say what he does.
    when he says he gets a few pop sounds and another sound from the same loop. round about minute five he starts talkin about that.i know the volume automating thing i do that a lott. but houw does he extract them totally. the only way i can think of is in arrangemet view chopping and then consoladating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb3yRmRxWUQ&feature=youtu.be

3. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

i watched the video aswell. so here are my suggestions how you can do stuff like that:
    -you can mute some parts of the audio clip in the session view or automation view from ableton (for example with the pencil or curves)
    -like you mentioned you can take parts from the audio clip in the arrangment view
    -you can use the simpler and move the start point to the sample you want to chop and the end point after it (with this technique you can play the sample with different pitches aswell)
    -or you can use the slice to midi function with an right click after you insertet warp markers
    and of course there are slicers, rex editors and stuff like that aswell like fxpansion geist!

4. davpat

davpat Newbie

right mate thanks for the tips. mostly use the volume automation and sometimes slicing to midi :)

5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i would like to see a tut in making hard techno, tech stuff, you know those loops hard crushed, how to manage so many freq that clash into one another, some workflow etc ...this seems preety easy to me :dunno: