Jbridge alternative for Windows?

Discussion in 'Software' started by notremid, Feb 15, 2016.

1. notremid

notremid Producer

Any other plugin bit-bridge software other than jbridge for Windows? Can't seem to find any :(

3. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

That's because there isn't a better alternative.
    What's wrong with jBridge?

4. notremid

notremid Producer

It makes Studio One 3 as well as Ableton Live 9 (both 64 bit) crash when I bridge my plugins.

5. Agrumh

Agrumh Member

J-Bridge work great, take your time for setup this.
    Or test Plug and Mix chainer, BlueCat Patchwork...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

i use in 9 and studio one...no problems

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@notremid I use JBridge with Acid Pro 7 ( too many older tunes) to make 64bit plugs work with the 32bit daw with great results. Last night i had 12gbs and 20 channels loaded in Kontakt 5.5 in AcidPro7. JBridge's last version is 1.74 and its so cheap its a steal. Check thoroughly what you are doing step by step. JBridge's creator is a cool guy and he will support and answer emails and help if he can as well.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

jBridge (v1.74) + Studio One 3 / Live 9 (both x64) working fine (some CPU peeks/consumption, but no crashes), bridged x86 plugin is SQ8L.
    REAPER have its own bridge, but surely based on jBridge product (to be confirmed).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. notremid

notremid Producer

I am on Windows 10 64 bit and my DAW's are 64 bit as well. Thanks anyways. Looks like I'll have to stick to Cockos REAPER.

Thanks, will test them both out to see if they are more stable.

• List
  10. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@MozartEstLa Hello. I don't mind answering mate, although u already understood of course, np at all :) My system is i7 6700k and 32gigs of ram ,Windows 7 x64. Acid PRo 7 is 32bit. SoundForge which i also use extensively is 32bit also. I have both 32bit and 64 bit versions of the same plugs installed plus the bridged 64bit plugs. The 64bit to 32bit bridged plugs although are being recognized as 32bit dlls inside Acid (or SoundForge etc etc), in reality they use ram from your system rather than the ram available to the 32bit DAW. There are some side effects (not with Kontakt, Kontakt works flawlessly ) ,eg. bridged x64 Waves plugs inside AcidPro7 have only one parameter to automate available. But with Waves i can still use their 32bit equivalent when i want to automate. My main goal was to make the heavy ram consuming VSTi's like Kontakt , Omnisphere2/Trillian, Superior Drummer work within the 32bit app and JBridge has been a savior.
    For my newer projects, i have switched recently to Sonar Platinum which i find is great and i also use Ableton Live for my live sets. But i still need Acid because i have too many older tunes made with it which would take a month of rendering alone to transfer to Sonar lol ( i'm talking hundreds of tunes literally)
    Cheers
    @notremid I am sorry you are facing trouble with your setup. For what it's worth you haven't described which plugs you are bridging and what method you follow so we can help you, if we can. Correct me if i'm wrong the only info you gave us so far is your OS and daw(s) and that jbridge crashes ur Studio One etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. MozartEstLa

Hello too! fortunately all DAWs (and ton of plugs) are now availabke as 64-bit native, but not about Sony Creative products (maybe Sound Forge now exists as x64, but trial is only x86). I'm using (but very rarely) Audition CC 2015 x64, because it supports 64-bit VST & VST3 (also VSTi/VST3i, but why? a new DAW? lol). Of course, for experimented Acid Pro users, it's really a pain. I've never tested Acid Pro, but I was an old Sound Forge 10 user (on Windows XP couple of years ago). Hope the editors/devs will upgrade all of their products to both x86 & modern x64 platforms. I'll try to discover SONAR Platium & Altiverb 7 (;) in couple of days. Cheers.

12. MozartEstLa

+1 Like about jBridge...
    Vote "Interesting" because I'm discovering (like a kind) "Plug & Mix" & BCA's "PatchWork" may work also as bridge. Really? good new, if yes! Perhaps (not sure) in the same philosophy, NYRV Agent (excellent another plugin container IMO) can do it, too?

13. Gnib

Gnib Producer

• List
  14. notremid

notremid Producer

[/USER] I am sorry you are facing trouble with your setup. For what it's worth you haven't described which plugs you are bridging and what method you follow so we can help you, if we can. Correct me if i'm wrong the only info you gave us so far is your OS and daw(s) and that jbridge crashes ur Studio One etc.[/QUOTE]

Actually I don't know myself which plugins are causing the crashes exactly as there are lots of plugins in my VST directory :dunno: I am following the method as described in this video-

NYRV System's Agent is superb but unfortunately does not support bit-bridging yet.

• List
  15. notremid

notremid Producer

16. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@notremid Hmmm... This video "tutorial" isn't really a tutorial, as it doesn't show you anything that you wouldn't figure out for yourself, but anyway. For the first time use i would stick with the default settings. Also making a separate folder outside your program files for the bridged plugs is an idea that may work for win10. What u have to crosscheck first is if your 32bit plugs actually work in win10. Use a 32bit host to check the "source" plugs. And finally tell us if your daw crashes upon enumerating the newly found bridged plugs or after you load one. And may i ask, how come u have a ton of 32bit plugs when almost everything is 64bit now ?
    @MozartEstLa SoundForge for Windows is still 32bit. I haven't tried SoundForge for Mac but the point here is Sony having let down its Acid customers with their insane focus on the Vegas app. Funny thing is some years ago they swore they would never make a Mac version of their apps and look at SF now hahaha... If i had more money i would buy Wavelab and not look back but i own SF and i find Wavelab rather expensive although a great app.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. notremid

notremid Producer

Yeah it isn't exactly a tutorial but its pretty much what you need to do basically. I have not messed around with much of the jbridge settings yet. I just don't want to spend days tweaking and not getting any stable performance or results.
    All my 32-bit plugins works flawlessly on 64 bit Cockos REAPER (no crashes, nothing) so I am guessing Windows 10 is not the issue.
    Well, not a ton of 32 bit plugins but some of my most used ones like Sylenth1, Psychic Modulation Phonec, Kjaerhaus plugins, and some other freeware and Synthedit plugins are still 32-bit only, maybe there are alternatives but I love these plugins and comfortable with them.

18. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Personally I don't bridge ALL my 32 bit plugins to use in 64 bit Studio One. The ONLY plugin I bridge is Xlutop Chainer which I then use as a wrapper to host ALL my other 32 bit plugins......works great....no problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

20. Agrumh

Agrumh Member

I just used jbrige, but I thought I had these options in case jbridge would not work any more.
    Sorry, I was sure to have read that somewhere.

All plugins cannot to be bridged, ie do you have Algorithmix TT Dynamic Range Meter?
    If you find those who make crashe, you can submit them at jbridge and here why not?
    Luckily, the list of plugs to bridge is increasingly reduced

21. GokhanH33

GokhanH33 Ultrasonic

No need to use JBridge. Install FL Studio as a vst plugin and rewire it in any DAW you want. You can use both 32 and 64 bit plugins by FL studio. Also it has a native bridge in itself.

• List