JB PC-2 (Transparent Compressor)

Discussion in 'Software' started by martel80, Oct 7, 2012.

1. martel80

martel80 Producer

Yeah, so im an audio freak, and in fact...i just love to play with hardwares and plug ins just to see there limits.

So i'm always trying to look for that little pearl hidden .

1 Month ago, i've found a serious piece of software ( The Algorithmix LP SplitComp )...but the thing cost like over 1 000 euro ( Yeah... one Thousand )

I've downloaded their demo ( wich is a full version but you need to call them so they give you a 14 day activation code ) but now the demo is finished...so i have the software ( if anyone is interested in cracking it ) but it doesnt work anymore :(

Anyway....

I Have found this old piece of gem .....its from Jeroen Breebaart that works now at Toneboosters.....but the thing is, that old compressor is still better then wath they did lastly with their toneboosters plug-in because their latest have such coloration .

yeah, so i got the link from an old VST site.....and i just tried the old little beast called PC-2.....jaw dropped !!

Thing is, there is that complex compression button wich uses psycho-acoustic relevance instead of using a peak or rms-level to compress the signal in a way we ear it more clearly.

Give it a try, and let me know what you think !!

JB PC-2

P.S. Dont think you'll get a warm hardware fake ass emulation with this one...THIS IS A TRANSPARENT COMPRESSOR....you get what you give

3. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Hey man, I am no compressor expert but this sounds incredible! I think its a beauty, thank you so much for letting us know about it!

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

thats a joke? 1000€ for a comp ... and were is the company webpage to see how this comp looks?

is it this thingy?

[​IMG]

cant find any company page.

looks like JB (Jeroen Breebaart) is now part of the Toneboosters dev team.

http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/

here is your comp. http://www.buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=961

it was programmed with buzzmachines :bleh:

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

@ArticStorm and were is the company webpage to see how this comp looks?

http://www.algorithmix.com/en/lp_splitcomp.htm

:mates:

6. ArticStorm

then i was missreading his post a bit. well it still looks like the one ive posted above? and i cant get it why its so expensive? even waves shit is cheaper still.
    maybe someone else could enlight me there.

7. martel80

martel80 Producer

LOL

Why are you repeating what i said on the first post ????
    :(

@ Threadkiller : My pleasure my friend :)

8. martel80

martel80 Producer

Because of its transparency and is precision !!

You need to have a try ( and know how to use a comp ) to understand !!

By the way...The algorythmix comp is NOT the PC-2....but the PC-2 is a serious piece of software for a free plug-in !!

I think you should read the first post....you seem to get this all wrong right now !!

9. ArticStorm

honestly i still cant see why its so expensive. and as it looks nobody is really using it. not even a dongle included - just a serial you have to activate.

you can make a comparision with a "shitty" daw compressor witht eh same options? and then compare the audio output by phase inverting?

10. martel80

martel80 Producer

I had the demo activated for 14 days ( as stated in the first post ) and now its finished .
    So no....i cant make comparison with your average ''weak engine'' digital comp.

This comp is widely used in the industry , only you never heard about it before ( And i heard about it only a couple weeks back !

I'm always looking for knowledge....so i listen to a lot of tutorial and read a lot of infos by studio engineer and such !!

That Help me step my game up !!

11. ArticStorm

when you google the company and add maybe a popular file hoster behind that you would see that shit never got cracked again. (h2O has for example wibu key protection).
    and the last "working" version i found in the web was from 2002. well i think its a waste of time. so maybe the other stuff is also dongled with popular dongles we have now.
    so good luck finding someone, who is able to crack that so overall great transparent compressor which nobody is using.
    and when you want to run a mastering studio with expensive gear i think you have the 1000€ over to buy it, when you need it so bad.

and you can reset the trail time maybe with trail reseter(just google it) - no tested - but i could work.

12. martel80

martel80 Producer

The LP SplitComp have been created in 2007 and last modified in March 2009.

This compressor is used at some of the biggest studio in the world ( think movie or broadcasting company )

This Compressor never been cracked and i'm not surprised about it !!

This material have been made for Ultra High End studio's that needed a digital solution.

If you google it....you'll find some info's about serious using of this comp !!

Otherwise, your time reseter doesnt work ....i'm no crack team or whatever but i have the full version here !

The thing is that this simple VST is being installed in 4 engine that then collapse to do 1 unique plug-in.

Anyways....

Yeah !

Get yourself the PC-2 !!
    Free...powerfull !!

13. ArticStorm

sorry whats the point of this thread then when you have it?

[​IMG]
    and then its hard to read your english dude.

14. exodus

exodus Newbie

Look at the guy's bio and you'll understand why this compressor's more transparent. It's always a good idea for developers to have someone with deep knowledge of psycho-acoustics, psycho-physics and DSP on your team :wink: . If every developer had this kind of knowledge, the average plugin would better than your favorite plugins.

ArticStorm, the point of this thread is to share this plugin he found with us. I understood everything he wrote. He just didn't specify which plugin he was talking about. This kind of error can confuse people.

15. martel80

martel80 Producer

AHhahaha
    Articstorm...if you would have red the first post , you would have understood everything ( if you can read english )

To make a resume of what i said in the first post :

First i found the LP SplitComp ( 1000 + euro ) and tryed it for 14 days as a demo ( the demo is finished but i still have the total software )
    Now i've just found The PC-2 and its FREE ....a great transparent Compressor !!!
    TRY IT !!!

PC-2

P.S. Jackie Chan never understand shit...he just throw punch around then wonder what happen !! LOL Joke joke :P
    Nah but seriously, you need to learn to read !!....it was stated at the end of the FIRST POST : '' Give it a try and let me know what you think ''