JAY-Z and more = TIDAL

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by davea, Mar 31, 2015.

1. davea

davea Platinum Record

3. floond

floond Platinum Record

Something is happening yeah, not necessarily anything good :)
    http://mic.com/articles/114094/jay-z-s-new-streaming-service-is-a-huge-step-backward-for-the-music-industry

4. davea

davea Platinum Record

Maybe,
    but as an artist myself, independent. With or without this new platform it won't still change the game until let say … "we'll see!"
    The problem here is simple. Creators needs to have their gain back up than the actually ridiculous amont.
    Streaming is a real hole in terms of rights . As we are in the 2.2 web consumers streaming is beginning the 1st way to listen, buy music.
    So even if TIDAL is made by huge stars, it's another player in this game and it will surely have an impact on how things will changes… or not.

Today we cannot have anymore multiple intermediaries . You can own services to promote your stuff etc… But each indie ( at least) as to be their own label, sometimes distributors, graphic designers and so on …
    I've tones of friends big, small, in developments, who had decided to do it like this 'cause it was ridiculous what finally they had it terms of invest money back.

this article you've mentioned give me another headake. The purpose for me is not the fact that Spotify or any other streaming platform are evils, finally. The purpose is why again the creator is still the last in the chain with bollocks as money back of his/her work.
    You may know that, create, write, arrange, produce, training, ask loads of time, lot's of work and money obviously. That's why even stars as Jay-Z and consort needs to put it down to the table something to keep working their own business. Keep writing , hire people to work with them , for them etc …