Japanese or Japanese influenced Patch/Preset Soundbank Developers

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by EAR TO LEARN, Jun 19, 2019.

1. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know of any Japanese Soundbank developers, or at the very least devlopers or releases inspired by Japanese electronic musicians?

Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy video game series) is the first name that comes to mind in terms of influence/style. The type of sound I'd like to tinker with and make my own. Those guys over there are something else when it comes to music production in general.

Please bear in mind I'm looking for synth based patches not indigenous instrument samples (Taiko drums for example).

If anyone could list some developers or even some releases inspired by the land of the rising sun I'd be very grateful...Cheers :wink:

3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

The classical asian style of video game composition is to mix j-rock with some Tschaikowsky. The only more complex piece I know from Uematsu is "Dancing Mad".

You can maybe read this https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesize...nth_identification_request_used_in_old_video/
    So he used the Roland SC-55 and SC-88. Maybe there is an emulation for those things but you have to keep in mind that those synthie (or more MIDI) sounds are extremely old and generic.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  4. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

Thanks for this reply...I have the M1 and have been exploring the drums on there. Do you know any developers that have any Japanese inspired banks for more 'modern' vsts?

5. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I have stated in braces "or more MIDI", I probably shouldn't. :)

This is important. But we need to differ from the modern era - somewhere around after FFIX - and before this. It's about the audio engine in this case. The roland sc 55 is a midi unit. Of course they are synthesized but all the sounds are pretty much already there. There are some sound examples on youtube

You can clearly hear some sounds out of this (at the leyas song demo - mainly bass and flute) which were used by Uematsu. I do not know much about the era after PS1. But before it you'll probably need a unit of those unfortunately because I do not know how to achieve this on an typical synthesizer.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019