Japanese multi style EDM, Camellia, Artcore

Discussion in 'Music' started by GabsIT, Jul 11, 2021.

?

Have you heard about Artcore before?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Artcore is a fast paced EDM style, very melodic that includes any other EDM genre, Camellia is surprisingly good to include many genres in a couple of minutes, his music has very few repetitions, many unexpected turns, and some pretty complex rhythms and melodies that are not so rare in the artcore genre.

What surprised me is the quality of the production in general, he must design from zero all his synths, a big variety of unique sounds, specially considering that he is mixing so many styles in few minutes, super glitchy too.

There is so little about artcore on internet, reminded me of some of those rare DnB reggae metal of New Zeland, I think most producers of artcore are Japanese or Asians, I have the impression that artcore could become the next thing between teenagers, specially considering that western pop is oddly repetitive and almost monotonal.

https://www.otaquest.com/camellia-music/
    This song is specially complex, reminded me Speed freaks of Naked City that in one minute, shows more than 10 jazz styles. There are many EDM styles in this song, it's not a song I will listen but it's interesting as speed freaks.

Edit:
    Artcore is a genre of Electronic Music that combines Instrumental Music with Drum and Bass and Electro . The genre is used mostly in dōjin music .

characteristics
    Artcore songs use the piano as the main instrument, although other instruments such as the Electric Guitar are often used . Most songs in the genre feature a more varied version of the beat commonly used in Drum and Bass with a lower bass.

Usually the songs put more emphasis on the melody of the song rather than the beat and bass.

History
    The first song was described as artcore "Narcissus At Oasis" by Ryu *, for the game Arcade Beatmania IIDX 10th style in 2004

The genre gained popularity in the dōjin music community when An (AcuticNotes) began composing in 2009 after hearing Felys, by onoken . In 2011 he contributed to Diverse System albums and quickly gained popularity in the community. [ 3 ]

Notable artists
    Notable songs
    • Xhroria - An
    • Freedom Dive - Xi
    • Happy End Of The World - Xi
    • TearVid - An
    • Dstorv - Feryquitous
    • Strahv - Feryquitous
    • Axion - Sakuzyo
    • Neurotoxin - Sakuzyoi

Edit2: Bonus!! damn funny interesting video directly to the point.
    How to sound as Camellia :D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Great @GabsIT, finally something new. Electronic speed metal - For me, music is a reflection of modern society - the maximum speed has been reached. Fastest CPU - The fastest computing power. How do you dance to it? Disco only three times as fast!

Camellia Artcore - Xronial Xero - 2020

The Creation Theory of Group Mirror

4. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

@BEAT16 the second song pretty nice.

I will look, maybe already exist something like chill artcore as with psy trance and psychill or psybient, that could be pleasant for me.
    Ilike this but I feel that afyer some seconds I already listened all the song, so repetitive!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

- Interesting music -

Delerium - Faces, Forms & Illusions [Full Album] (1988)

Clock DVA - Voice Recognition Test

Current 93 - Island (1991) (CD) (Full Album)

Leæther Strip – The Pleasure Of Penetration [1990] (FULL ALBUM)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  6. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

New? The style has been around almost 2 decades.

7. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Indeed, first trace in 2004 (artcore) I will add the info to the first post.

many thanks for this, I never listened any of those albums, dark ambient with oriental sounds, love that combination.

8. tori

tori Platinum Record

Electronic music isn't really my main listening genre. But 90% I hear Japanese artists like camellia, because I loved japanese games and game music remixes, especially from the Touhou series. The original music from many japanese artists is great, too. They often sound more creative or unique than western artists for me, and often just one person can do many genres very well. It feels like they care more about the melody and not just the groove.

9. GabsIT

GabsIT Producer

Quite same here, when I was younger I joined some hacker groups, emw, dasbestfxp... I knew Akira for art cinema, but then I was introduced to serious anime, specially GITS, loved the music, then when stand alone complex came out I discovered Yoko Kanno, before Kanno I was pretty biased about asian music, specially about jazz, great musicians but insipid interpretation, souless, now i feel that they dont give a heck about music genre philosophy, like metal guys must ne bad ass, jazz intelectuals, punk anarchists, etc, and now it makes full sense specially when most musicians just sell an image to gain popularity or some groups are more a circus show than anything about music, as rolling stones, ramones, etc. now 90% of the music I listen is asian, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, not because genres, but specially for the feelings on it, also women singing is much warmer, cute, femenine, an also because Korean music industry has leveled up music production to a nice level in Asia (anyway there is a lot of european people involved) so in general the end product is really refined, doesnt matter if is hip hhop, pop, jazz or rare experimental music, Thailand is slowly getting on it as the other countries, but I guess TET 7 is genetically pitched in their ears, I dislike Thai music, often you can listen profesional musicians playing evidently out of tune.

Love this song, if I relax I got many goosebumps

and well a more relaxed cornelius with maaya sakamoto I use it as alarm for years lol

10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Sounds like the inside of a Japanese arcade!

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The new one was referring to the forum here.

12. joem

joem Producer

i posted this style a while back and got slated for it i do make it myself and its down to buss mixing,
    and learning the circle of fifths.

cord progression wise there fith cords and instead of going down two or 3 notes from the route cord go down 1 then go down 2 then one again then back up two.

lead wise standard 80s synthwave or 2019 uk hardcore onwards affair so overlapping notes on your key edit with bend/portomento/glide enabled on the vstis also a little pitch modulation helps check out stonebank patches for sylenth or the useaul trancey affair playing off the octave's of the cords in an arpeggiated fashion. also cameila does stream on twitch a lot and actually uses a lot of virtual riots stuff for his drums/ growls etc.

13. joem

joem Producer

but yea im a uk hardcore jcore producer myself and have started makeing artcore/ futurecore