Jam Origin MIDIguitar 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by dragonhill, Apr 6, 2017.

1. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

It works with an electric or a piezo pickup on a Parker in my case. I will venture to guess it will work great for acoustic electric plugged in. You might have to add a pre-EQ to filter the full acoustic tone a bit.
    Try the free trial.
    http://www.jamorigin.com/download/
    The previous demos didn't allow pitchbend.

Edit.
    It's Standalone only for the demo but you should be able to see how the acoustic tracks with their built in sounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Beth

Beth Guest

3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Okay. This DEEP EXPRESSOR is pretty cool.
    At certain settings it reminds me of the Fernandez Sustainer pickup without the sacrifice and wiring hassle. It can also sound like a cheezy Casio synth with no latency and incredible tonal variation via player dynamics. Add a few choice efx and it is a very expressive sound.

Since this VST automatically divides the guitar signal into the notes being played at any given moment, you could theoretically have six effects chains ready?
    -reverb is ignored by the lowest note played
    -delay on the higher two melody notes
    -increase DEEP EXPRESSOR's version of 'sustain' on the middle notes
    The possibilities are endless.........

Couple things that need changed immediately:
    All the vertical MIDI and audio efx blocks need mute buttons - You have to SAVE then select 'NONE' from a menu screen - WTF?
    The tuner is backwards
    If I carefully place a VST on my small laptop screen I want it to fucking remember it when I access that channel again
    The presets need an arrow left/previous <-> right/next option. Another menu screen pops up.
    I assigned my IR folder. It ignored all sub-folders and listed every IR on that stupid gray menu screen

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  4. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I wanted to try a 'plucky' sound and a 'sustainor' sound combined.
    When you load this VST twice, the settings are identical. You change one......the other instance changes too; at least when placed inside an Ableton audio efx rack.

A separate VST is desperately needed.

5. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Hey @BudSpencer
    Which part of my statement do you disagree with ?
    You were able to get a decent organic guitar tone out of MIDIguitar?

The MIDI part is revolutionary. There is no other VST like it.
    The guitar processing portion is mediocre at best. Lots of free programs sound 100 times better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
  6. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Hmmm, maybe they are doing it, but theres nothing played fast in the demo videos (which is where midi guitars usually become obvious), and it doesn't show anything the roland gear can't already do, plus they use sounds that are freaking awful that mask it's actual capabilities.
    I get that it's not finished, but i want to see it doing 16th notes on the open E string palm muted before i get excited.

7. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Synth Axe ? I know someone who had one and they seemed to make wonders out of it.

I was always really miffed that I didn't try out the Rock Band 3 Pro Guitar.

As someone has already stated. The only real way of making a decent midi guitar is by tracking the frets for the note. Think RB3 Pro guitar had a fretboard made out of a similar material to old school touch screen phones.

It had a midi output and last time I checked there weren't too many videos showing it off.

A midi guitar would be interesting to try for transcription purposes. It'd be interesting to see if it could simplify the process of writing sheet music and tab. Obviously it would also be great fun for tracking synths.

8. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

I don't mean to afront!
    I just think "Organic" is a very abstract word when regarding sound, Dragon! But I quite like the possibilities of the Deep Expressor when combined with the onboard syths. My approach to tone shapping always involves a ton of effects processors, so MIDI Guitar 2 is more a bridge than a stop point.

Also, I quite like its cabinets :))

9. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

I've been using M1D1 guitar since the Roland GR-700 model hit the shelves in '84. I have spent countless $$$ on Roland/Ibanez equipment since then. Tried everything under the sun. My gorilla approach to technique has proved inadequate. Tried Jam Origin 1.0 with high hopes to work some of my Kontakt libraries... but still managed to bring out those missed note glitches. Why is it I can't seem to part spending $99 for v2.0? Maybe after all these years I've figured out midi guitar is incapable of translating my Sonic Youth tunings and using a bow and homemade objects across the strings... and aforementioned 'playing twice as fast then physically possible for myself' technique? Yeah, I could try using the free trial... but I'm under the same theory that its just like trying to read a manual...
    Nawwww... waiting for R2R or anyone else to make offer the final Holy Grail answer to my dilemma...

10. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I've already mentioned the great possibilities of Deep Expressor several times. Esp once you can load multiple instances of the effect. Combining a pluck and sustain.

It must be a language barrier since I'm talking about a usable guitar tone not synth or MIDI. What JamOrigin included as amp sims and the current GUI are awful. This is what you are disagreeing with.

In corresponding with one of the programmers, he agreed the sims are not up to par with the rest of the program. The amp sims were included for customers that are new to electric guitar and DAWs, novices that might not know how to route separate paths for proper processing.

He also mentioned Deep EXpressor will be a separate VST.

@GangamStyle it'll do 32nd note hammer ons and pull offs.
    @krakdhaus JamOrigin has MIDIviolin in beta
    The $99 includes MIDIbass and an OSX 10.6.8 version.

First lead starts at 0:36 with direct piezo and synth. In my setup this piezo is triggering MIDIguitar. At 0:48 you can clearly hear the piezo mess up but the synth played my intended notes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  11. Warped Effect

Warped Effect Ultrasonic

edit: Never mind

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  12. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

that was a simple pitch shifter plugin. non related to this topic