Izotope Vocal Synth Crashing - M1 Ventura

Discussion in 'Software' started by johntitor2051, Jun 15, 2024.

1. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

Hello everyone!

I'm using a Mac M1 and I'm having a problem with Izotope's vocal synth (v 2.5.0): every time I try to select it, the program suddenly crashes. I tried reinstalling it (also tried the latest v 2.6.1), the problem persists.

Has anyone had similar experiences or know how I can fix this problem?

3. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

ive always had issues with vocal synth. legit version. So many issues, i gave up using it

4. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

it worked for a long time and since a while it starts to crash suddenly (without any os update), i can't recall a lot of stuff...

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'm on Intel, so this is allI can tell you. If it works, great. If not, don't ask me :)

The newer versions only seem to work correctly on Intel machines. You could try removing the ARM portion of the binary with lipo.
    This is the last one anyone commented as working on Apple Silicon, without a problem: iZotope VocalSynth Pro v2 4 1 440 MacOS-Moria.

This will force it to run the Intel plugin. This is for the two newer versions:

"cd /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
    sudo find . -name "iZVocalSynth2AUHook.component" -execdir lipo -extract x86_64 {}/Contents/MacOS/PluginHooksAU -o {}/Contents/MacOS/PluginHooksAU.1 \;
    sudo find . -name "iZVocalSynth2AUHook.component" -execdir mv {}/Contents/MacOS/PluginHooksAU.1 {}/Contents/MacOS/PluginHooksAU \;"

6. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

thanks for the tip! unfortunately i need the Arm Version since the intel one could give me problems during the sessions in ableton ("Lost the connection to the audio unit v2")

7. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

up, didn't solved yet :(