Izotope RX causing blue screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by tchouangtseu, Sep 6, 2021.

1. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

Hi guys, I've got a problem that is driving me insane here...

I'm using RX (7 or 8 both R2R) for many tasks and it runs just fine, except with the "Dialogue Isolate" module that i end up using quite a while... When it has to process a "big" file, say longer than 10 seconds, the PC crashes with a BSOD...

After analysing the dump file, I assumed it was related to my video card, a cheap MSI 710 1gb...so i replaced it with a 2gb Radeon 560, but hey same problem happened!

Once again, all of the other modules are doing fine, it's only this one that causes crashes but its driving me a bit mad...

Anyone already had this issue before?

I'm on Win 7, Ryzen 1700x 8 cores, 32gb Ram, RME 802 via usb so i should have plenty ram available and cpu power as well...

Thanks for any hints!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Some things to ponder & consider:
    • How are the thermals for CPU, GPU, Memory & Drives?
    • Is the memory a matched kit?
    • Have you tried re-seating the memory?
    • Is your power supply sufficient & stable?
    • When was the last time you re-pasted the CPU (nice, even coverage with good quality thermal paste)?
    • Are you using the stock AMD cooler or, a better cooler rated past the TDP spec?
    Also, make certain that your video driver the latest AMD update. Not the one Windows installs. The additional step of turning off auto update for drivers is required to make sure Windows does not overwrite the AMD driver.

4. tchouangtseu

So, yes i'm using the AMD driver not the windows one. But i already had the issue when using the previous nvidia one...
    I've changed the thermal paste 6 months ago when i installed a new cooler from Bequiet.

My power supply as plentyheadroom as well...

Memory is matched kit but i might try to reseat it as you said...as well as checking the thermals but last i checked it nothing was getting really hot or unstable when using RX, its only this module that causes a bloody driver error...

5. TOMTO

TOMTO Newbie

don't know if that helps but when I'm using Ozone 9 on ableton (intel cpu and ATI graphics, win10)
    the drivers start to bug and fail and sometimes they just BSOD

6. tchouangtseu

Thanks mate but all of my other plugs run just fine, ozone 8 and 9 included...only RX isgiving me the shit

7. AbsoluteMadLad

AbsoluteMadLad Ultrasonic

r2r release works fine here

8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

If your motherboard has fan control in the BIOS use that & disable any RGB & fan control software in Windows if being used.

Are you having issues with just the standalone RX software or, the RX plugins as well?

9. tchouangtseu

Yes the fans are controlled from the bios, no softwares involved...i might try to repaste the cpu and resetthe bios settings...

And yes, no matter what i use, rx monitor in pro tools, audio editor mode in ableton,that dialogue isolate module freezes... and it's not available in the plugin version as a module per say

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Have you ever written down the BlueScreen error message or looked it up in the event display. At the next blue screen, please write off the error message completely and post it here. Or can you make a picture from the Dump File or post here?

Run a memtest
    www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-clock-watchdog-timeout/

Run SFC
    This blue screen of death error could also happen if some of your system files are corrupted, or lost. You can try to get this problem fixed by running the built-in System File Checker:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Click Command Prompt (Admin).

[​IMG]
    2) Type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key on your keyboard.

11. shinjiya

shinjiya Producer

In all seriousness, asking for BSOD help without providing a minidump is a waste of your and everyone else's time. When it BSODs, it can be pretty much anything. Replacing the entire computer is the only 100% effective solution someone can give you without a minidump. Everything else is guessing.

12. tchouangtseu

Yes here is the latest minidump file i had with RX... Dumpfile.png

it says pci-driver problem...

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Have you checked in the device manager if there are yellow triangles? Video Driver? That sounds a bit like a graphics card - could it be too hot? Measure temperatures. Therefore, in my opinion, the fault lies in defective hardware or an incompatible driver. Have you overclocked your system or "turned" the voltages in the BIOS? Are the timings of the RAM correct?

How to fix "Driver irql not less or equal" blue screen error
    There is no definite cause for this error; the reasons can be different. In some cases the problem is with the hardware driver, but often with the hardware itself. First of all, you should rule out a bug in the driver. So make sure that all drivers for your hardware are up to date. Here you will find instructions on how to update the drivers. Basically, it is advisable that you install all updates for your PC and regularly remove dust and dirt from the PC so that the fan gets enough fresh air.

Hardware check on a blue screen
    In many cases it is a hardware problem. To analyze the source of the error, you must unscrew the PC and disconnect the hardware and replace it if necessary. Laypeople should seek support for this.

1. Turn off the PC and disconnect it from the power. Briefly touch an unpainted part of a heater to avoid short circuits on the hardware.

2. Loose cables can cause the problem. First, find the problem with the hard drive and graphics card. Disconnect all data cables and all power cables from the hard drive and graphics card that are connected to the PC. Then re-establish the connection and restart the PC.

3. If the problem persists, start the PC without the graphics card. If this does not work either, the hard drive may be defective.

4. However, the PC cannot be started without a hard disk. In this case, you can isolate the problem by testing your hardware on a different PC. If the error occurs in another PC after replacing the hard disk, the error has been found.

5. The RAM memory can also produce a blue screen. If several RAM bars are installed,
    only start the PC with one bar each to check whether one of them is defective.

6. If the processor gets too hot, it can also cause the aforementioned error. With the free Core Temp tool, you can keep an eye on the temperature of the processor and thus isolate the error. Just let the PC run for a long time and watch the heat build up.

14. tchouangtseu

Video card seems ok thermal wise, and i also had the problem with my previous one...also running the latest amd driver.
    I did not overclock or change the voltages, and ram timing are ok...
    I guess it's the thermal on the CPU, as it tends to get hot when RX processes the audio... so as suggested, i'm gonna repaste the cpu, check fans speed and check the rest of the hardware to see if there's something wrong... thanks for taking the time to help!

15. shinjiya

shinjiya Producer

Might be a long shot, but try removing any internal or external audio interfaces and run the same routine with onboard audio only. If you're running RX under ASIO, the drivers might be acting up a bit.

16. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I'd start by lowering the max cpu load in Windows power settings to something like 80% to see if CPU is culprit or not
    :chilling:

17. Sentinel

Sentinel Noisemaker

Had literally the same issue. Try reseting the bios. It helped in my case.

18. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Have you checked if you are using the latest Bios Version available? Also it could be Win7 related (Win 7 was know for a lot of Bluescreens) since i'm on Win10 never had an bluescreen related to Music Software.

19. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

There are some bugs and downgrades since oldest versions, still unsolved. I can name some.
    Simple example: SRC. You can fine tune filter cutoff, gain or anything else, with ctrl. Since v5 this doesn't work. So, you can only type numbers only by suggestion, ctrl cancelled. So, this might be even general, on any controller, knob...
    Another example: if you do many cuts, manual gaining of selected areas, replacing of copied clean areas instead of noisy ones, a lot of processing, etc - after zoom out your waveform is messed up. Only saving, reopening of processed audio helps...
    Other example: it is still 32 bit float. What if quietest areas becomes louder after processing in DAW processing. RX shows that areas I make quieter are about -180dB....i want to cleaner. Because even many free plugins and top ones like DMG eqs are 64 bit float and higher. Sometimes all this shit might be louder if you use upward compression or so.
    Why only left and right channel processing? Why not to make also mid and side option?
    There are more stuff to solve instead of 2-3 new modules each September upgrade. They are obsessed by only Mix Assistant and primitive emulations and copies of Soothe, Gullfoss, DSEQ, dynamic eq, saturation in Ozone and copying them into all over the other products a la Ozone, Nectar, Neutron, Rx....
    Make your engine way better and precise, improve stability, fix old bugs, enhance old modules quality.. Remaster all the new shit you quickly introduced without even tested before.... Stereo tool by thimeo, zynaptiq might be a mediocre shit, but work way better than your Spectral Repair/Recover introduced year-two ago, which adds just high-frequency noise into spectrum..... Let's wait remastered, stable RX 16 without new modules.... Most things there are done with "select area, copypaste, replace, gain".... Make it better. Or you think next version will be with Debird, Decar, Detrain, Dehelicopter, Defart? Improve engine and stability,modernize

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022