Izotope Ozone Automation CPU Spikes

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by ELpH, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

In an effort to cleanup old/obsolete plugins, I'm updating a bunch of old tracks from Ozone 5 to Ozone 9; however, I've run into a problem where automation from Ozone 5 causes CPU spikes when transferred to Ozone 9. (ex. Ozone 5: 20% CPU > Ozone 9: 170% CPU)

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any solution?

Using Ableton Live 10.

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm not sure about the automation but v9 has some issues with CPU/loading times. Perhaps will be corrected.
    I'd compare with a more stable version (v8).

4. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

Thanks for the reply. If I remember correctly, I first noticed this in Ozone 7. (I never tried 6 to know if it began there.) It's the main reason that I left Ozone 5 installed this whole time.

I just tested Ozone 8 and it does the same thing. It seems to be related to using any type of curves that would make continuous changes

Looking further into it, I think I've found a setting that resolves the problem: I set the Freq. Resolution from 12 to 48 Hz, which drastically reduces the CPU usage. However, the CPU is still nearly twice that of Ozone 5 (@ around 40%) and looking back at Ozone 5's settings, the Freq. Resolution was still set at 12 in the options, so maybe there is something else I'm overlooking.

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Which parameter did you automate in Ozone,please?