iZotope Ozone 9 Advanced problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mynock, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hi guys, I would like some help from you Izotope Ozone experts. Although it seemed that the problem lies between the chair and the computer, I'm still trying to solve this problem here. Recently, I upgraded my Ozone 8.01.961.WIN64 to version v9.1.0. The installation was clean and ran without any problems (I cleaned the windows 8.1 PRO registry and installed only the DLLs for VST2).

Then I ran the standalone version without any problem. However, when looking for VSTs I had my first surprise. I didn't find any x64 Dlls in the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins folder and either in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins. Then, I discovered a new folder C:\Program Files (x86)\VST\iZotope (created during installation) and found all the DLLs.

I didn't understand, wasn't that last version x64? Worse, when trying to load these DLLs into Blue Cat's PatchWork I received the message saying that the added plugins are not compatible with 64-bit VST plug-in (it seems quite clear to me, 'cos they're located at C:\Program Files (x86)\).

Would anyone mind telling me where the heck these x64 DLLs are?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

try: iZotope.Ozone.9.Advanced.v9.1.0-R2R

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I did a new installation (I cleaned the registry with Revo Uninstaller Pro that found remnants of the previous version) and reinstalled it again.

The installer asked me to choose the folder for installing the plugins. This time, I addressed the x64 DLLs to the default location I use (D:\Samples\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\iZotope Ozone Advanced).

The installer himself mentions the instaled DLLs as belonging to the X64 category, but when I try to open them in Blue Cat's PatchWork I get the following message:

---------------------------
    Error Loading the Plug-In
    Could not load "iZOzone9"

Please check that this is a compatible 64-bit VST plug-in.

It is currently the only problem I have using Blue Cat's PatchWork v2.4
    So, I normally load any x64 plugin with the exception of Ozone 9 (and its modules).

Any hint?

5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

It was the version I used to update!

6. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

I'm unsure if this helps, but here's where mine all are:

Ozone 9 Standalone:
    C:\Program Files\iZotope\Ozone 9\win64

I installed the 64 bit VST here:
    C:\Program Files\VST Instruments

The VST3 is here:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\iZotope

I was able to put the VST2 64 bit where I wanted to during install.

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

what DAW are you using? Also even though Ozone 9 have minimum requirements Windows 7 maybe try to upgrade to Window 10 1909 build.

By the way Ozone 9 have no 32 bit plugin so it must be a 64 bit plugin from the installer. Also what you can try is to install the plugin at C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns (don't change any names) then just copy ALL the .dll's to your custom folder D:\Samples\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\

Also try and change the folder name inside you plugin folder from:
    iZotope Ozone Advanced to iZotope.

Maybe the iZotope plugins must be inside the iZotope folder. Look at my file structure in attachment

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020

Attached Files:

8. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

If I understand correctly, Ozone is working fine in your DAW(s)?

Yes, before you lose your mind, reinstall your OS and plugins 10x, change directories etc.. Blue cat's Patchwork will give you this error no matter what. Hints:
    - (like said) Oz9 is 64 only
    - you shouldn't have any problems loading it into any DAW (that I know of) S1, Live, Reaper,... VST2 or VST3 (Win10 here)
    - you should be able to load the VST3 version in BC PatchWork

I don't think the location matters with BC PW, but mine is Program Files\VSTPlugins\iZotope\*.dll for VST2

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  9. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Thank you all guys for the hints:

Nana (-Olhe o batom da boca dela, A boca dela tem sabor), for your advice regarding the location of the folders.

Daskeladden for your suggestion to try the folder nomenclature, but unfortunately I was not successful. I just didn't try to install W10 because I'm still using W8.1 PRO without major complications.

TaxiDriver, pal, I just realized what you said! I can normally load VST2 on Reaper 6.11, Digital performer 10 and Cubase 7.5. The problem is restricted to BC PatchWork v2.4 on any DAW. I use it because I made a killer plugin chain for mastering. Anyway, I checked what you said and found that Ozone 9 VST3 plugins (and its modules) are working normally in BC PatchWork v2.4. So, I was able to import my presets into Ozone 9 VST3. :dunno:

Now, this is funny (better to say, worrying? :deep_facepalm:): It seems to be a problem exclusive to my PC, 'cos you guys don't have any problems using Ozone 9 VST2 in BC PatchWork, right?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  10. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Just in time, do you suggest that I put all the other iZotope plugins in that same folder (Insight 2, VocalSynth 2, RX Loudness Control, etc.)?

11. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

Nope, never said that :no:. Stop worrying..;)
    Yp, and Standalone..:yes:

The best thing you can do reg. the file placement is IMO selecting the preferred location(s), when running the installer (and then leave the files where they are). ATM I am on my "everything legit" machine so I can't check but IIRC R2R rewrote the "legit" installer stating there were "issues" with that one. They certainly didn't do it just for fun and I wouldn't mess with it..

12. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

For now, problem solved! :cheers:
    Nana
    , Daskeladden, thank you so much for your attention and willingness to help...
    And thanks a million dear TaxiDriver! :thumbsup:
    All the best in life for you and your loved ones pals, always!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List