iZotope Ozone 9.0.1 cubase 10 problem occure

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thermaltake, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Anyone have problem with loading izotope Ozone 9.0.1 on Cubase 10 Pro ? When I want to load it windows pops up with this

[​IMG]

Anyone got idea how to fix it ?

3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Works fine here

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I have not tested it much but seems to work fine. Slow loading time is the only "issue". Could be that you have a too old Windows or a graphic card problem

5. Rando

Rando Noisemaker

loads slow and three to four times the cpu hogging compared to 8, win 10 64bit

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Works here on Cubase Pro 10.0.30 and 10.0.40, Win 10 1809 Build 17763.775

Just a guess: Did you install VST2 and VST3 side by side? Ozone 9 VST2 is blacklisted in Cubase 10 (not in Ableton Live)
    I would try to install VST2. May be there is a dll missing in plain VST3 install?

Loads within a second in Cubase.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. notrace

notrace Producer

I'd recommend uninstalling Cubase 10 Pro then reinstalling it. I use Revo Uninstaller works great.

8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

I'd recommend sticking with Ozone 8 for the time being until 9 gets ironed out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. notrace

notrace Producer

When I installed it earlier on my Win10 r1903 and Cubase Pro 10.0.40 system it immediately blacklisted all the Ozone 9 plugins. Not sure why this occurs but uninstalling Cubase and reinstalling it did the trick. After re-installing Cubase 10 the Ozone 9 plugins were no longer blacklisted and were recognized fine.

10. The Observer

The Observer Guest

Uninstall, reboot system then reinstall. I assume custom install? Double-check that no x86 (32bit) plugins are selected. Uncheck if so.
    If you are using jbridger or equivalent, make sure no Ozone vst's are in the bridged directory. delete if there are after you have uninstalled.
    BEFORE you reinstall, go through and check no Ozone vsts's are still in the default or Steinberg vst directory, or VST3 dir, delete first then reinstall.

11. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

I am using windows 10 Pro with all latest update 10.0.40 Cubase Pro. I installed VST2 and VST3 but deleted VST2 because it gave me error when Cubase load, VST3 is active, but when I want to load it that message pops out. I use x64 VSTs only. Strange is that previous version wasn't working either. Maybe I should try Ozone 8 ?

EDIT:
    It's not graphics card, and I tried previous drivers and this latest ones for nVidia and still same.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  12. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

What is your hardware specs? Saying it is not the graphic card cause you have updated the driver is a little bit premeasure. From what I understand Ozone has some new minimum requirements regarding hardware.
    Maybe the best way to find out is to just test out Ozone 8 and 7, and see if the same thing happens. I

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Most likely only VST2 plugins were blacklisted, so installing VST3 Ozone will work (it does for me but I'm on Win10 1809)

14. The Observer

The Observer Guest

I'm on 1903. I only installed the VST3's. Cubase 10.0.4 it works fine. Maybe check the installation package version? I remember there was one version on the sister site that had a problem and there was a ''fixed' version.

15. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

I manage to get it work. And here is what not to do like I did.

I deleted those .dll's from izotope that are vst2 that Cubase inform you on start that they are not compatible anymore. Problem is if you delete them, you get that message that I put screenshot in my first post when you want to load vst in cubase. It's like they are connected somehow and can't work without one another. It will only inform you once and put it on blacklist so you won't get it every time you start Cubase.

Hope this helps someone in future if anyone bump into this problem.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Maybe you already know it,but in the vst2 folder you have 2 ".dll" files for each plugin;for example "iZOzone8Dynamics.dll" and "Ozone 8 Dynamics.dll".
    If you want to delete the vst2 version you must delete "Ozone 8 Dynamics.dll" but you must NOT delete "iZOzone8Dynamics.dll",because it's useful for the vst3 version too.
    Don't remove all the files with "iZ" as a prefix.

17. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

I know that yes.

If I delete Ozone 8 Dynamics.dll it will pop that message in my first post.

You must left them both if you want vst3 to work, thats what I'm saying.

18. FilipK

FilipK Newbie

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I had the same problem with slow Ozone launch (using it as VST in DAW). It took almost 130 seconds to start Ozone as VST and almost the same to re-open the window once closed. That made the plugin useless. As part graphical designer had by default NVidia card selected. I changed it to integrated Intel and … a miracle had happened. Ozone 9 starts in 4 and re-opens in 2 sec.

Maybe this would help other confused/frustrated Izotope customers’

19. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

The issue has been fixed on the latest R2R release. So no need to change anything