Izotope Ozone 8 Advanced - worth the money?

Discussion in 'Software' started by phloopy, Jan 22, 2018.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I guess a lot of people in here has some experience with this bunch of plugs.

I´ve been travelling the internet for solid information, reviews, experience etc. and Im a little lost here.

I need to know if this is close to a superb editing solution or just a average solution!

1: What exact tasks do you use it for?
    2: What are the obvious benefits if you compair to other solutions?
    3: Can you come with an alternative to Ozone, and why?
    4: And all that jazz :)

NB: Nope I´ll not use the sister site for a "try before buy" ...... Im tired of that, sorry! So solid feedback with experience would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. TW

TW Guest

How about getting the official 10 days demo ?
    Nobody can decide for you if it is worth your money.

4. alboz

alboz Ultrasonic

Hi there

I Just wanna say that its worth if u gonna master tracks...its a mastering tool..

But if u gonna create music ,u dont need it....cause every daw like reaper fl studio reason cubase live bitwig protools logic has that plugins inside. .

Ozone has limiter compressor maximer ...plugins like that..And such plugins u have in every daw. ..important is that u learn how t use this plugins in different instrument... limiter is limiter no matter of name....it do same thing..

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Blorg

Blorg Producer

1. It's a nicely integrated shell (lets you pick VSTs/mess with effects chain order etc.), easy on the eyes & the UI makes sense. The presets (chains of plugs & their settings) are fine for point & shoot, or as starting points.
    2. Integration is nice, look & feel is nice, defaults/ranges are in the right ballpark, plugs themselves (usual mastering set) are ... competent.
    3. Of course. Any mastering bundle (or even izotope's Neutron), separate VSTs.
    4. If you run a production studio & time means money, buying this (a tool that may standardize/speed up your workflow) makes sense. I don't, so it doesn't.
    Like @TW said, at least try the demo.

6. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

No one but you can tell you if it's worth it to you except you. But since you won't demo it...for some reason....

No. Don't buy it. If you had serious interest, you'd want to demo it.

7. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

been there with bx_console G... also did demo, like it, buy it = happy man :) ...either the way you must "try before buy" :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. MehdiMuzikk

MehdiMuzikk Member

I've been using izotope ozone since 2009 .
    its great tool for Mastering, it doesn't do any magic, its just plugging , great one that you may get sometimes a great result on the master Bus .

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

if your looking for the magic plugin that's gonna make you sound like a pro? there isn't one you need to learn how to use any plugin properly
    bfore that happens

10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Thanks to all the feedback - appriciated.

Unfortunately I dont have time to comment all your inputs. Can only say they all, in different ways, guided me in some direction.

I´m not looking for a magic plugin that makes me sound like a pro, Im looking for quality for the money.

Thanks for the tip TW - that´ll be my choice :like:

Cheers