iZotope Ozone 7 - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Oysters, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Coming soon: Ozone 7

Essential Mastering Tools Get An Upgrade

It’s never been faster or easier to produce a full, polished sound with the critically-acclaimed suite of mastering tools found in Ozone Advanced music production software. Glue a mix together, control dynamic range, and add deep, rich “character” to your music using iZotope’s new vintage modules: Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor, and Vintage Tape. Plus, preview the sound of your masters before you render with the new Codec Preview. With Ozone Advanced, all 10 of Ozone’s modules are also included as separate plug-ins, so you can get that Ozone power on your mix busses, too!

A streamlined Standard version also includes the Maximizer, the Dynamic EQ (formerly only available in Ozone Advanced), the new Vintage Limiter and Export Formats, and more. Use Ozone as a plug-in or a standalone application for all the final mastering touch you need before exporting to a variety of popular formats.

Ozone 7 is coming soon! If you purchase either version of Ozone 6 today we'll send you a free upgrade to Ozone 7 or Ozone 7 Advanced when it is released in November.

What's New?
    ADV Vintage Tape
    The Vintage Tape module brings the distinctive richness and warmth of tape saturation to your modern digital recordings with all the frequency coloration, distortion, and phase effects of tape. Take advantage of analog tone for masters that sound more musical with added dimension, fatness, and depth.

ADV Vintage EQ
    With the richness, warmth, and color of Pultec equalizers, Vintage EQ lets you brighten your master, smooth out heavy lows, and add body to your digital recordings. Discrete frequency value selections let you boost and cut separately — but at the same time! — without ending up with a “boomy” master.

ADV Vintage Compressor
    Vintage Compressor is a single-band compression module for subtle warming and sweetening effects. The program-dependent release tailors release shapes depending on your material to adapt naturally to your music. Thicken the midrange, tighten and round out the lows, and let the top sparkle, and get authentic vintage character.

ADV Codec Preview
    Get a real-time listen to how your master will sound in various industry-standard codecs with Codec Preview. Preview the sound of a compressed master within your DAW or the Ozone standalone application. Instantly make adjustments to perfect the audio for streaming or online music stores with this easy-to-use tool that improves your workflow.

Vintage Limiter
    Glue a mix together and add character with the Vintage Limiter’s warmer, analog-sounding final-stage limiting while retaining the ease and precision of digital maximizing. Bring a natural feel to harsh and digital-sounding masters. Get a silky warmth and body and the nostalgic vibe of the classic records you grew up with.

Export Formats
    Specify the file format for export from a variety of compressed or uncompressed popular choices like MP3, WAV, and AAC. You no longer need to output to .wav and then use a separate MP3 converter. Now you can export your digital formats directly from your source files and add metadata before export, including track name, band name, album name, and more.

Upgraded Maximizer
    Ozone’s legendary mastering limiter features a new algorithm (IRC-IV) that automatically detects which frequency bands would contribute most to clipping, and then reduces their level before hitting the limiter, so that the limiter doesn't have to work as hard. This allows for even more transparent mixes with less pumping at higher volumes. For example, if there's audio with vocals and a kick drum, Ozone deals with the kick drum peaks without causing the vocals to pump.

more information:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mixing-mastering/ozone7/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Interesting Interesting x 7
    • List
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

if they do not bring back the mastering reverb, i dont care.

hmm they dont have screenshot of v7, thanks for information @Oysters :wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

yes where did that reverb go?
    last time the adv 5 (which i still own) to adv 6 upgrade was a crazy $299. for what? a dynamic eq and removed reverb?
    all other upgrades paths where fair enough, but when you have already paid to go advanced (ie. paying for Insight), why should you have to pay top dollar again (especially when insight wasn't upgraded)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

[​IMG]

it looks like ozone6 and doesn't show much other a new vintage limiter module, and you can see it is branded as ozone7

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i fixed for you the post above, added the screenshot and the link at the end, its not to great to have the link at the top, because people will overlook it.
    also a picture or screenshot for eyecandy, honestly i wanted to see it first and then check whats new.
    anyway the new GUI looks nice, but without the reverb, i dont care about v7 at all.
    i used the reverb and eqs from Ozone and also dithering from time to time.

7. HETISFRANK

HETISFRANK Producer

You would think they would bring back the offset stuff in the imager and the reverb after all the flack they received for taking it out with v6. I guess they haven't learned or really listened from past mistakes reading the notes in the OP of this thread. I mean, it's not even like people are asking for new features that they'd have to develop from scratch because it was already there in v5!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

You can load the reverb module from 5 in the standalone 6 or independently in your DAW if there's a taste you have for that particular reverb among the many others. IMO the most crucial con about 6 is the absence of the individual and global mix faders.

9. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I'm really interested in the tape saturator, you can't have enough of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

looks boring.

11. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

still use 5, illigal because it's on a educational licence.
    tried 6, was a bit impressed by the dynamic-eq but didn't like the interface
    overall it didn't change much.

2 things about this release that got me intrested again
    adv codec preview could be a game changer.
    and irc iv could be amazing if they nailed it, ozone maximizer irc III is by far the most used plugin in my libary

ps. I like to add that I never used their reverb, I like 2caudio b-2 much more

12. mcclaine

mcclaine Ultrasonic

I absolutely love Ozone 6. I don't know if i want/need an upgrade.

13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I don't really use Ozone but I would be amused if, as a lesson to developers who ignore their constituents, this was an utter flop.

People asked for certain already-existing features back. They ignored and added the trendiest thing out (vintage.. this forum needs a roll eyes emoji just for the word vintage).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

its not just in plugins... vintage this in homeware, vintage that in fashion... you can't escape that word

15. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

guys, what's the problem of use classic Ozone 5 Advanced and Ozone 7 Advanced with its new stuff?

16. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Didn't like 6, much preferred 5, quality product but pricey but everything u need for mastering but I shite at that :rofl: so won't be on my list.

Thanks for the info though & will be interesting to see what it like & how the people that can do that stuff rate it.

Gotta hand it to iZotope they make some quality stuff :yes:

17. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Vintage means quality, long durability, massiveness and not commercial-blink-blink-oneway-polished-recycle-products what we have nowadays. 'Thats why hey use this term.

18. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

The Best thing they could add in my opinion is optimized better CPU Usage all the other Vintage this Vintage that is cool and all but being able to use all the bells and whistles you can't use if the CPU is to High :woot: Thanks For The info

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

20. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

From izotopes site:
    "One of the first hot topics to emerge, particularly after speaking with professional users, was the inclusion of a reverb in Ozone. The consensus was that a reverb feature seemed disjointed with the goals of not only the product, but of mastering audio in general. This would ultimately lead to a decision to remove the Reverb module from Ozone 6.

Traditionally iZotope has not cut features from products. Leaving a feature in, even if it diverges from a product's goal, seems easy enough — and at least the users who don't need the feature can simply ignore it. The danger in this approach, though, is that it quickly leads to bloated software. For Ozone 6, we were committed to designing a more refined experience that would guide and educate users through the various stages of mastering. From that perspective, presenting reverb as an equivalent tool alongside an equalizer and limiter did a disservice to our goals for Ozone specifically and to mastering in general.

To a similar end, we saw other features fall by the wayside as we continued down the path towards a streamlined experience. Our mission was to help our users better master their music by having easier access to the most relevant set of tools possible. This refinement process allowed us to bring a wealth of both new and established features out from hidden menus and right-clicks, so they could shine alongside the other essential Ozone tools"

I agree with them. plus, reverb from them isnt the best out there. Use a different one on the master or mix bus.

And so far in my opinion Vintage Plugins = Foolish amounts of hiss (waves plugins run 'vintage'). Maybe they will do it right, but depends on how well they model it and represent it and HOW they came to test to create the models.

21. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Codec preview has been available in other VST. I know because I complained about this feature being not very useful [because it's most useful if you're using the EXACT SAME encoder, settings, and similar level background noise/environment/equipment, etc which you might not] and someone disagreed (maybe even on this forum). I stand by my original words. It will probably not be a game-changer. If it is, it will be the week it launches, and then everyone might forget about it.

Advice: limit to -1dB peak for Lossless codecs, maybe -3dB for lossy. (I read elsewhere)

I use my inbuilt Reaverberate simply because low CPU (only other thing which sounds better AND about the same CPU is liquidsonics reverbarate CM edition). 2C audio stuff is quite mediocre for their marketing hype imo. Try BREVERB2 & TB_REVERB also.

I think the particular phase adjust implementation in O5 is a workflow-breakthrough for me, because I can do more things for the particular types of tasks I do. not even DMG's equilibrium phase controls visualizes it well.

V5 so far is the most comprehensive and powerful.

Try using Ozone V4. Slightly less RAM, screen estate, loads faster, and probably a bit less CPU. Still includes IIR/FIR, stereo/MS EQ, imaging, reverb, MB exciter.

Some vintage filter shapes were already available in O5 (perhaps more in 6?), and they're probably bringing a bit of vintage dynamics from Alloy2.

I see vintage tape (V7) as another way of ruining fine mixes with extra gunk and flaws.

The danger with vintage dynamics/limiter, is that it might throw away the ISC (inter sample clipping) detection and limiting that O5(6)? is known for. and it's back to square 1 and the 80s.

Which basiclally sums some of my thoughts about O6. They reduced the features and UI and made a lot of text bigger. The blue/purple tinge reminds me of PT.

It seemed only yesteryear when izotope launched a mastering guide which might've said that mastering reverb is the glue that holds your mix together - and they went and removed it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015