Izotope Ozone 7 advanced installing problem on Win 10 pro (64bit)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alpha0ne, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi guys,

As the title says, i have problems installing Ozone 7 advanced . When i specify different locations to install (Harddrive D for plugins and/or E for the main program, the installer gives me alot of errors and wont install at the end.

I use the versions posted on the sister site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thnx

3. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

please not everybody at once :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. mono

mono Audiosexual

You must be the only user using win 10 :rofl:just messing.
    Have you tryed move the plugins yourself after there installed on your C drive copy them to D drive
    they should still work ok.

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I always just install most everything the way it installs and use Directory linker to relocate everything >>>this way i can put it anywhere i want to on another drive or on the moon and my DAW see's it as being installed on C drive \m/

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@momo & @Jaymz . Thnx for your advices. Will try it. But why do they code such a messy installer ???

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

ok tried it . Only Meterr Tap and Insight worked. The rest cause Ableton Live 9 serious problem error and it crashes.

8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

i have problems with the r2r emulator releases. i can only get the k'd ones that dont require the emulator to work for me on win7

9. Friggy

Friggy Guest

I always let plugins install to their default path. Then I go to those folder and move all the dll/vst3 files to the folder the daw is expecting them to be on, which is on another harddrive.

Everything would of went to C-Program Files-Common Files-VST3. I would then take everything in that vst3 folder and move it to F-DAW-VST3.

Only plugin I don't do that for is Black Rooster Audio. Their installation sets up a path within Cubase to look at the default location. So I just left them there.

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I am using Windows 10 and it all installed fine for me. I let it install the apps in the default locations and then install the VST2 64 bit plugins in a C:\VSTs\VST2\New Installs folder that I use. I then go to the New Installs folder and the VST3 folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\iZotope and move the plugins to where I want. I do this because I put my plugins in organised folders for whatever type they are, e.g. compressors, EQs, limiters etc etc. in my C:\VSTs\VST\[type] and my C:\VSTs\VST3\[type] structure.

I end up with my plugins scattered over various folders and they all work fine in Ableton 9.7.2 and Studio One 3.3.4 for me, even with splitting things like the Ozone and Neutron components (EQs, compressors etc) out into the relevant folder in my structure.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Uninstall the product completely and clean all registry entries before installing the new version. I haven't updated to the newest version but IIRC there are 2 AuthAssistant files that need to be replace for both the standalone and the plugin version in your Program Files/(x86)
    I wish I still had the NFO because it thoroughly detailed the installation procedure and again IIRC there are different files in both Program Files and Program Files(x86) that need to be replaced.

Not sure if/how you're moving the .dlls after install but keep in mind that iZotope products have 2 different .dll files for each product. There's the actual .dll and there will be one with iZ in front of the name. These both need to be in the same location.

12. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

The default install location for the apps and the AuthAsistant.exe files is C:\Program Files (x86)\iZotope\[product]. The older products have a win32 and win64 file in there that contains the AuthAssistant.exe to replace. The newer products simply have a folder called AuthAssistant and then some sub-folders for each element that contain the AuthAssistant.exe. This is because they have dropped 32 bit for newer products I believe, so essentially the win64 folder has now become the AuthAssistant folder and the win32 folder has disappeared.

Something to note too is that it will sometimes not install correctly. For example, for me Alloy 2 only places a win32 folder in the default location, but I just created a win64 in same location and put the AuthAssistant.exe in there as well as the win32 folder and then 64 bit version works fine.

@Pinkman here's the nfo for you....

iZotope Emulators

Our emulator does not patch any plugins so that you can make AAX working.
    It is NOT a driver based and never cause system crash!
    (As far as you are using right)

0.Install iLok driver (iLok License Manager).
    https://www.ilok.com/

Otherwise, iZotope apps does not even check iLok license.

1.Uninstall previous versions.

2.Install the product.

3.Replace files with included emulator (AuthAssistant.exe)
    [32bit PC]
    /Program Files/iZotope
    [64bit PC]
    /Program Files (x86)/iZotope

4.Run the plugin and Authorize by iLok option.

5.Enjoy!

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  13. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

So i dont know whats the problem is. i desinstalled it. Cleaned the registry. Did a new install without touching or changing the install locations, let them find in Ableton Live, Bitwig and FL Studio and did not crack it. i just wanted to see if they work in demo mode and all the DAWs crashed. Newest ILok drivers are installed.

14. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Is there any services, which have be running in the background ?

15. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try running the installer as Admin?
    PACE service has to be running.

16. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Pinkman Pace is running. I tried to run the installer as admin, but it's the same. There is a culprit but i dont know what. :/

17. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

This might take a while but you could boot up in Selective Startup mode and if it works at that point just start enabling the services one by one to find the culprit.
    Start with the third party services first and it is possible to stop and start a service with restarting the computer (for troubleshooting purposes).

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

@Jaymz are you talking about symbolic links? I've used them with these now popular "symlink installer" releases but don't tried in different disk units.

19. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yes Exactly ive been using it for years and years im old lol... its called Directory Linker but ive been using Acustica Audio plugins and Nebula for years and anyone that uses their stuff knows if you move anything around it will deactivate the license ... Not only that but in some cases ive had problems wen i move things around on normal installs of programs>>> so i just install it factory settings on any software i use and use Directory linker program to move it anywhere i want on any Drive and it will relocate it for you of your choice and delete the original files but leave's the original install folder linked to the new destination you moved it too ;) So only thing installed on my main C drive is Windows only everything else is on another drive but seen as installed on C drive >>> i love it keeps down problems on all installs \m/ also frees my main drive to run windows alot smoother ;) it works with all operating systems and windows 10 too \m/

20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's cool. I use symbolic links also for VST3 because still several plugins fight against moving the folder, just like you say. But never tried in another drive. Not that I need to because my tracks and number of installed plugins are very basic, but since I'm a geek I'll try it just for phun lol

PS: in fact I'm very used to symbolic links but for work with linux OS

21. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Pinkman oh i am not that experienced and patienced guy to fiddle in such manner. But thank you anyway. I had this problem with the Neutron since i noticed that PACE service wan not running. But now its running and still not working.