Ivy Audio Piano in 162 Kontakt - Free

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by phloopy, May 12, 2014.

1. IvyAudio

IvyAudio Newbie

I actually did modify the samples, which was probably not the best way to go about tweaking but I didn't feel like adding a bunch more code over remote desktop.
    This whole being-4000-miles-away-from-my-computer thing is making everything much more of a hassle than it should be.

2. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

If you want I'll add a some terrabytes to my mediafire account and you can put it up there?

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

To test this theory, take a pen.. throw it anywhere lol, you now have three options:

One: Search the whole house for the pen

Two: target directly to where you through the pen

Which one will be faster?

Or

Three: From the Kontakt Developer Guide PDF

1.3.2 Instruments, Multis, and Samples Folders

Within these folders you can use any subfolder structure you want to organize your library.All Subfolders may contain subfolders and sub-subfolders etc. but too many subfolders many slow down the loading process of instruments or multis.For the Samples folder you MUST use subfolders. Each subfolder should have around a maximum of 1000 files or else browser refresh and folder opening times might be affected adversely.Keep in mind that the KONTAKT PLAYER Load menus mirror the folder structure you choose.

Subfolder “Instruments” ▪
    ▪Subfolder A (containing all instrument files “*.nki”)▪
    ▪Subfolder B (containing all instrument files “*.nki”)▪ ▪etc.•
    •Subfolder “Multis”▪
    ▪Subfolder A (containing all multi files “*.nkm”)•
    •Subfolder “Samples” (containing all subfolders with samples)▪
    ▪Subfolder Samples a▪
    ▪Subfolder Samples b▪
    ▪Subfolder Samples c ▪
    ▪etc.

Note that it is possible to encode each top level subfolder individually. The advantage is that each subfolder gets its own monolith container. For example, if your library contains bass, guitar and drum instruments, you could organize your sample subfolders into three categories, i.e. Bass Samples, Guitar Samples, and Drums Samples respectively.

4. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Well the torrent is stuck at 99.8% and the Dropbox link is dead. Fortunately Google Drive is still working.

5. copylefter

copylefter Producer

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    At least you know people is appreciating your hard work ! :thumbsup:

Now I'm in the middle of a project, in the next days I will try it, seems great from the demos !
    That's a massive amount of work, thank you so much mate :mates:

6. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

A bump to note that the downloads are working and I understand there is a new version out. I'm downloading now to give it a whirl.

7. IvyAudio

IvyAudio Newbie

Thanks for the bump bigcat. The updated files are available here: https://www.firedrive.com/file/BBAB750670E4B56D

Yes, the sfz release and a version saved with an older edition of Kontakt are both coming, I promise!

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Awesome, thanks so much for everything IvyAudio. :bow:

9. IvyAudio

IvyAudio Newbie

Alright guys. I had to build this on my laptop that doesn't have enough ram to load the whole library, so this is somewhat untested, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Here's the nki, saved using Kontakt 5.02:

Let me know if there are any problems!

Edit: Terribly sorry everyone. Kontakt decided to make an executive decision on my behalf and revert my two hours of work. I'll sort this out as fast as I can.

10. copylefter

copylefter Producer

I resume this thread just to show you my most sincere appreciation Ivy Audio.
    It took me a lot to finally download and try this, actually I reinstalled Vuze just to torrent this and already uninstalled it,
    as my connection is too unstable to download a single 6GB file from firedrive without corruption and whatnot.

That must have been a terrific amount of work, I can barely imagine.
    I can feel how much dedication you put into it, you know, many time people thank me for my dedication at audioz too, ok,
    but I'm more inclined to just breaking things :boombox: , you created from scratch a truly beautiful thing.
    This awesome library can stand alongside many commercial libraries without having nothing to envy to.
    I'm not a pianist so I may miss some subtlety, but I heard a lot of top notch libraries, and this really amaze me, more than many hyped ones.
    The only thing that sounds a bit strange is the releases as someone already pointed out, but no biggies, really,
    I like a lot it being dry and not overdone like many libraries out there. Leave a lot of space to work with.

Thanks again, it's people like you that give some hope in this world full of ungrateful people who only take without giving nothing in return, and is still not happy.

I wish you all bests.

:bow:

11. IvyAudio

IvyAudio Newbie

@copylefter thanks for the kind words! The library would be nothing without people to use it though, so thanks so much to you guys for taking interest and helping me out.

I've got a few more projects in the pipeline and will keep you updated with anything exciting. There's an SFZ version 162 on the website now if anybody would like to do away with Kontakt.

Thanks guys.

12. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

I made the SFZ version the top piano in my totally free instruments list. Thanks you rocketh!
    http://bigcatlists.blogspot.com/2014/05/totally-free-instrument-by-type.html

13. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Trying to download the piano from your site. Never starts though. Can you check? Thanks.