Ive started a Reaper theme

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by One Reason, Nov 10, 2011.

1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Gettin there...

:dancing:

[​IMG]

2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

hmmmm.....maybe its for the different sized transports? Hit Ctrl E and mouse over and click the transport dropdown. I believe RADO has small and default sizes.

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Well, that wasn't it Mike, but i learned something about screensets :rofl:

I'll just skin the extra buttons, and they will show correctly when applicable, I have the main transport done now *yes*

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

So whats the name of your theme?? Vox Pro™ or ?

@sG hows the drive so far??

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thought it a tad disrespectful not to include Rado in the name, considering I'm not altering any code.. so I settled on RADO - V O X

Started an official thread over on Cockos http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91447

6. Nightmoore

Nightmoore Newbie

Lookin' good One Reason. I'm digging it a lot. In fact, I'm using Rado as my theme right now. The designer who originally made Rado is currently making this theme: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=89404
    ....which also look freaking awesome. He's a machine of awesome GUI power. I also love White Tie's stuff. Those cats make amazing GUIs designers.

Reaper is the absolute bomb. Sounds like you guys are spending enough time with it to get hooked. I love it! Keep at it. The more you use it, the more it just "clicks". As for the "FX button" being labeled badly....that sorta depends on how you look at it. I record a lot of original instruments (guitar/bass/vocals) and if you think of pure Audio coming into a track to work with - well, then anything you plop on there IS an effect. Even a virtual instrument is (opposed to a WAV of a recorded instrument). It always kind of made sense to me being labeled like that, but I can see how it could confuse users who exclusively work with virtual instruments.

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Let me know if you need a tester. It looks better and better everyday

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Yep, you and Mike on the very short tester list.

A day or two I should have something usable, at least in default layout format.

Disclaimer* Toolbar buttons are a complete bastard. :snuffy:

9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Check your PM. I sent you something. :) And I wouldn't let sG test a damn thing. He's a slack ass, but don't tell him I said that :bleh:

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thanks man, gonna need some serious help learning this puppy, its vastly more complex than Live, although I think a lot of it just terminology differences.

When, if, I ever get done with this theme, I'll be doing some serious studying. Been thru the Kenny Goia vids a couple of times already, still a lot to sink in tho.

Could he talk a lil faster... ya think? :rofl:

Would be nice if there were more vid tuts. for Reaper.. I suppose.. in good time.

Will probably send u a pre-alpha version later this eve :bow:

11. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

It took me a good 6 months to get used to reaper, took me longer to convince sG to give it a try. I am sure once you get used to the terminology and Reapers way of thinking that it will become your go to D.A.W. Let me know if you have any questions

12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I think I am finally 'Home'... its been a long journey, and, I have yet to record a note in reaper yet.. but.. being able to skin it.. really is all the difference in the world to me, as it was usually visual deficiencies in other DAWS that were the dealbreakers for me. The more I look at the feature list in this daw, and the methodology of the work flow, the more I am drawn to it.

It's pretty amazing actually , how much I have learned, in just skinning the damn thing, 4-500 images, some of which being multiple states, you HAVE to learn your way around a bit.

I'm really looking forward to finishing this theme and jumping in the deep end. Mike is gonna like it even more once he loads this UI up.

and IF I actually learn to "WALTER'... look out White Tie.. :rofl:

How late you gonna be up?

13. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

2-3 am

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

ok, bear with me..

and... its not gonna be perfect, and u may have different preferences in a UI, but... i think, you will be suitably happy with this.

It's semi-dark... certainly not like something like Reaction..but I dunno.. bright UI's just kill me after a while.

will be a pre-alpha 'BC' before Christ.. :rofl:

btw, how long have you known Mike? do you know each other.. 'in real life' ?

15. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

check your PM.

16. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Check urs :break:

and I forgot to mention, haven't done anything with the VU meters, they are kinda tricky... will tackle those next.

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Finally finished it.. I'm sure there will be some small tweaks, but overall, pretty much complete.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91884

[​IMG]

18. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

great! I'll try it in a minute! :wink:

EDIT: yeah!!!!!! man wicked job, it's sleek n lush!! I guess it's gonna become an all time fave in no time! :mates:

EDIT2: I saw different version of your theme...which is the lastest RADO-V O X.ReaperThemeZip (the archive was 1.7Mb) or RADO-V O X mod.ReaperThemeZip..did you approve these mods??? what is this asymmetry correction a guy called sergy172 is talking about, it seems he has shortened the triangle in the play button..I dont see any symmetry prob!??

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Yeah, he's a bit of an idiot IMO.

anyway,. I made an official light version, added to original post on Cockos forum thread.

Thanks mate :mates:

20. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

'Light' sounded good so i went to check but honestly i can see practically no difference?

You sure you upped the right screeny over there?

Monitor is a HP ZR24w (S-IPS panel) perfectly calibrated so that cant be the problem...

PS: The dark version comes up with snow-white browser windows here.

Since the rest is so dark these windows sorta poke in your eyes.

I assume thats not as it should be?

See here:

[​IMG]