I've now recovered from COVID19. Here's my thank you and experience

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by smallboy15, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Newbie

Glad you're well! :wink:

2. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Spared you..nature did, Chosen one...you are

3. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Spared you..nature did, Chosen one...you are

4. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

glad you've recovered, take care of yourself

5. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

Thanks for the info.
    Just wondering your overall health before and if you or your girlfriend were smokers.
    There are reports of young people having problems but they never say if they were vapers or smokers that would make the breathing harder.
    Take care everybody.

6. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

Vape liquids (the authentic ones NOT the black market fake ones that caused the vaping epidemic) have Propylene Glycol which is actually antiseptic. It's used in some cold medicines and also in hospital air vents to cleanse the air inside patients rooms. I haven't got sick once since i started vaping a year ago, other vapers have similar experiences and will tell you the same thing.

Of course this is a virus and not a bacteria so it's a totally different ball game and there is no proof that Pr Glycol can fight it back.

Smoking on the other hand.....well....face palm.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  7. tun

tun Rock Star

vaping is the next smoking. dont let the money maker hype tell you otherwise.

8. skeltoid

skeltoid Kapellmeister

I smoke every now and then and vaping definitely hurts my lungs more. Saw a show long time ago and it said the vape molecules are bigger than smoke. We won't know until its too late.
    I was curious because one report they say only old people die then the next its mentioned young people die. Just wondering if it has to do with overweight, smoking, general health. Also because its respiratory was curious about the smoking aspect.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. StarGazer

StarGazer Newbie

Great post indeed. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Take care.

10. tun

tun Rock Star

exactly. doctors used to tell people that smoking was good for them. they didnt know better until it was too late.
    i know times have changed but we still do not know what it will do yet. my guess is inhaling that stuff is not going to be good for you.
    they even tempt kids in with the cool look and the flavours and smells. it is not treated the same as cigarettes so they are allowed to glamourize it, and boy do they glamourize it!

rant over :rofl:

11. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

I had the pneumonia in the first week of january. It Lasted for a little more then 2 weeks. I literally felt like I was dying for the first 8 days. Until the the fever broke and I could breath properly again.. this was well before the CoronaVirus outbreak....

12. odod

odod Rock Star

cheers mate ! just curious, what medicine did you take ? and care to explain about the whole process, because in my country it is still confusing

13. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Read your story, changed that one word and now it has this 80's serial killer movie vibe. :no:

Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear that you've recovered.

14. evolasme

evolasme Producer

congratulations on your recovery!!! thanks for sharing your experience that it maybe can calm fears some may have of how it might be if the virus is contracted by another in the AS family. lets hope not. take care

15. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

glad your feeling better, say, one thing you mentioned caught my eye..
    is that because your a friend of Bill? i've been a friend of Bill W. for a little while

16. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

Educate yourself about what vaping liquids include vs what a cigarette includes before ‘ranting’. I’m not going to educate you, google is your friend.

17. Rorer

Rorer Guest

I still don't have an answhere from you.
    I call you bluff and a payed shill

Again, show me the test that you have been tested positive for the "covid-19".
    Also how did or do you know that 3 people in your sphere were positive with "covid-19" ?

I think you are full of shit.

18. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

why is that, because you are armed with a one-sided argument that you feel is a no brainer because your spoonfed to believe so?
    please do enlighten us.
    what little i know, on vaping, is that the heat created by the coil at 60W, let alone much higher at 120-150W @.2 ohm is many times greater than the healthy 455F mark, where carcinogens start being produced. its the excessive heat that researchers are concerned with but in my case it was the actual moisture itself that was giving me issues

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. smallboy15

smallboy15 Producer

Yeah i can answer them.

I live in Finland.

My girlfriends parents returned from a ski tri in Austria. Me and my GF both picked them up from the airport in the car. I never made physical contact with them, she hugged them. They both fell ill maybe 4-5 days later. Got tested. Positive. I kinda told myself well it won't get me, I didn't touch them, I feel okay. I did for 7 days, after that I got the fevers. My girlfriend got fevers the following day. Where this casts doubt is I use public transport twice a day. its possible I got it from there? We will never know. I did absolutely nothing to protect myself if I'm honest besides washing my hands before I eat, etc. The normal stuff we all did before this thing appeared.

Okay. So i'll explain it how it was explained it to me, and you'll start to see why this isn't an overreaction anymore. My exact words were "Its not that bad, I feel average, I could even work with this virus if I had to" and the doctor gave me this response "you're right, and for most of us. that's the case. we will be just fine..."

"Now let's say my workplace/social sphere has 30 people. I am infected, with absolutely no precautions or public control in place. I could easily infect all 30 now that I have it. We are all healthy, non risk people. no big deal. we all survive. Of my group of 30, let's say one of us manages to infect 1 elderly person. or lets say 2-3. to be more realistic. From our one group, we have managed to send 2-4 possibly more, patients into ICU. We just filled up 4 beds by not taking any precautions or isolation. These patients don't spend 1 or 2 nights in ICU, they can spend weeks. Now let's say there's thousands and thousands of little groups just like mine who did exactly the same. We have now sent a shit load of elderly/vulnerable people to ICU because we transferred it.

Suddenly you've got hundreds, thousands who need ICU treatment, usually for weeks. No health system is equipped and ready for this intake. Once that place fills up, we can't just make more ICU/beds appear, or doctors appear. .What do we do? We simply can't help everyone if it reaches too many"

Hearing this now I feel like yes. Shutdowns and isolations are needed, because so far those numbers aren't slowing down. At first i thought it was overreaction but now I feel like it's required.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. smallboy15

smallboy15 Producer

Please refer to the previous reply how I got it. You'll see my GF's parents both contracted on the ski trip, as well as her Auntie who was with them on the trip. This makes 3. However, we didn't pick up her auntie from the airport. I hope this answers your question, and please stop using such offensive insults when all I'm doing is sharing my experience. You're free to take it as you will. I'm not sending random people medical documents over the net, I'm not here to entertain your detective work.