I've now recovered from COVID19. Here's my thank you and experience

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by smallboy15, Mar 21, 2020.

1. smallboy15

smallboy15 Producer

Hey All on AS/AZ.

As some of you may now from other coronavirus posts on here, I tested positive early this week to the virus. I'm still not 100% who I got it from, but I did know 3 people in my sphere that were positive, so once I got fever that lasted 2 days, I took a test to confirm what I already suspected. My GF also has it.

Anyway, its been more than 5 days now since the symptoms and test, which is the "danger time" when you'll kinda know if it's about to fuck you up. So my health is going up, symptoms residing and the doctor has given my a green light that I've recovered from it. I still cannot leave my apartment for obvious reasons.

so how was it? Well i don't rate it as the worst feeling ever, i've had gastro bugs that felt much worse. I had mild symptoms. 39c degree fevers for 3 days or more. sore throat that produced lots of ick. The worst part was the chest/lung effects. Now these weren't exactly painful, but they are alarming. out of no where it felt like some put this rubber band around both my lungs. not super tight that i was gasping, but enough that it was scary, concerning. I would intake air, but i'd get to about 80% of my normal capacity and it would all of sudden get super tight. If i tried to force more, i would cough and it would hurt my chest. this came in bouts. it would subside, then a few hours later, return. this only lasted about 2 days. I was advised because i'm in my late 20's, the effects to expect are exactly what I experienced. So it didn't cripple me, just made for an anxious unpleasant experience.

Now i tell myself and others, was it the worst experience of my life and i felt like was dying? absolutely not. But, I think to myself, how would it be if this happened to an elderly person? it would be a living hell. I would never want a vulnerable or elderly person to experience those breathing difficulties that I experienced on a mild level, let alone severe.

Lastly I want to thank the AS/AZ community. I did receive lot of well wishes, positive vibes and humour. I know it sounds corny but those small comments did mean a lot to me, that these random strangers who I'm connected to via our love for music were on my side. I genuinely felt the love, (even though we roast each other over our choice of DAW's, Synths)

I have survived Covid19, and I know you all will to.

• Like x 61
    • Love it! x 20
    • Winner x 12
    • Useful x 6
    • Disagree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. gtripodi

gtripodi Kapellmeister

good to see that! congratulation man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

awesome dude glad you recovered! :wink:

let's just hope no one else here gets it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Get well soon buddy, and I hope your girlfriend is feeling ok :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. ninjabenbaby

ninjabenbaby Member

Glad that you are coming around man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Glad you are doing well! Thanks for the update, people need to hear that while this is dangerous for some, it not the end of the world for most.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Project_AD

Project_AD Member

So glad you are doing good bro! The best wishes for you and your GF. Happy recuperation!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

glad you passed the covid19 and im wishing you and GF a speedy recovery

questions :
    what was the treatment medicines you took during the sickness ?
    just normal pain killers/cough syrup ?home remedy stuff ?
    did you got quarantined at hospital or home ?
    is it possible you get it again or is it one time desease ?

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It's good to get as many perspectives as possible as to how this virus is affecting people and even better to read the experiences of someone who has beaten it. Thank you for sharing it and kudos for beating it!I hope your g/f gets better soon too!

11. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Glad that you recover. Keep all others safe too.

12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Most people will only get it once, but it isn't inconceivable that it could come back. The worrying thing is if the disease mutates and that would mean a whole NEW pandemic!

13. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

Thanks for sharing, that's really useful to hear you describe it so accurately!
    Wish you well

14. Cosval

Cosval Member

I cheer for you mate !!
    Thank you for all the great feedback also.

15. operaman

operaman Newbie

Your story is so helpful to the majority of us who have no idea how COVID-19 might actually feel like. We are all paranoid about catching a cold and not being able to differentiate it from something more serious. Thank you for taking the time to write this. I hope you and your girlfriend recover quickly. Keep the music flowin' bro! Cheers from !!!

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Glad that you recovered, and thank you for sharing with all of us yuor personal experience with it.:like:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. smallboy15

smallboy15 Producer

Yeah i feel like I can help people more now, and give them a real perspective rather than the media only showing worst cases.

"what was the treatment medicines you took during the sickness ?" - Once i was tested, I was told the only real thing I could do was take paracetamol. This doesn't do anything for the virus, but it relieved me of fevers, muscle ache. My second advice is once there's signs of respiratory, sleep as much as you. Staying awake, going paranoid, only makes you more anxious. I slept 14-16 hours day because fatigue increased a lot. Sleeping relaxes your respiratory system, and time passes faster out of that danger period.

No cough syrup, i don't have much of a cough, only if i breathed deep, but my girlfriend had coughing worse. But even still. no we didnt use syrup, i don't even use it at the worst of times, but that's a conversation for another thread topic.

So for the quarantine, I rang a hotline. I was advised under no circumstances to use the bus or train. Over the phone they ask questions, to select criteria. The biggest sign is if you have been with someone with positive results. Since me and my GF both had it, it was obvious. I was given this instructions we drive to this hospital in the city, and they had actually set up this drive thru testing area. Once you had a confirmed appointment, you drive down to this parking lot. Strictly only for patients suspected to have Covid. We waited and a worker came to us, full gear, mask, suit, gloves. I could only see his eyes. He swabbed us both. Told us drive directly home. Do not go anywhere else, and wait for further instructions. Next day they called and said positive tests. Stay inside, keep fluids up. If your symptoms worsen, call immediately, if they remain the same, its okay. 14 days to stay inside. After 5 days (of the symptoms beginning), if nothing has gotten worse, you will be okay. They only quarantine in hospital for those at big risk, the system is already under massive strain and can't do more people in beds. So a lot of people will do home treatment, and just ride it out.

Like somebody has answered. I do not know about catching it again, even the doctor was unsure. He said you need to live your life as if you haven't caught it. Avoid crowds, washing hands, all the same precautions, because as of yet, nobody knows about the evolving or mutations. I hope this helps you and others.

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

I'm glad for you :mates:

19. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Many thanks for answering the questions that arose in this thread, really appreciating that.
    Stay healthy, all the best for your GF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. ash1

ash1 Ultrasonic

what do you guys think about a face mask when outside

21. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

When you get the symptom of not being able to breathe, that is an extremely dangerous situation and you need to go to the hospital. That is the big reason for quarantine and closing everything... not to reduce the number of people who get sick, but to stretch it out over time so people who get this symptom and have to go to the hospital can get in and get a ventilator with oxygen, and be monitored for secondary bacterial infections, which can be treated with antibiotics.