ITB creation, Let me know what you think. Wonder if the sub freqs are in balance. Thanks in advance.

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Burninstar, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I haven't posted any music for a long time. Now that I have about
    20 tunes, I wonder if anyone likes this kind of stuff. I compose different styles of music. I also wonder if the sub freqs 40 to 65 hz are in balance as I have no sub speakers. I am also wondering about music for films and video if anyone has tips or contacts.

There is a long intro.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Burninstar

I was hoping for a response, I have had quite a few plays but no comments.

4. kickback

kickback Member

sorry I don't like the mix but I like the song and would probably buy your sample pack

5. Burninstar

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I had not thought about the sample pack market.

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Marketing Music Properly - These are the Oprions Musicans have

Sometimes the rock band makes it out of the garage to the top: In 2005, Bill and Tom Kaulitz showed the way. “Tokio Hotel” can look back today on four number-one singles and a total of more than seven million records sold. But the meteoric rise is the exception: Usually a lot of time and work is behind making an artist famous. And every career begins with the targeted marketing of your own music. We'll show you how to turn your song into a hit and your band into a brand!

Whether a musician becomes commercially successful usually depends on three components:
    1. The music he makes
    2. the image it builds, and
    3. the marketing he invests in.
    Whether your music meets the taste of the crowd is largely a question of calculation and, for the most part, a matter of luck. However, you have your image and marketing in your own hands: if you don't polarize, nobody will remember you. So if you don't want to attract attention, but prefer to write your songs in a quiet room, then the great success will most likely be denied you. Since your fans buy you as a person with every song, you should instead rely on self-marketing: create your image the way you want your music to be perceived. When it comes to marketing, too, it means “ clutter instead of spill“- after all, you have to make sure that your music ends up with the right target group. The classic ways are concerts, radio shows, TV appearances and street promotion. Self-marketing 2.0 also relies on the digital market and social media branding.

For musicians: With 5 tips for successful marketing

Tip # 1: Social Media Marketing
    Reach is everything: if you don't know your music, you can't know that you like it. For this reason, you should make sure that your music and your band are represented or can be found in all important social media (especially on Facebook , YouTube , SoundCloud and Twitter ). The American network Facebook currently has the largest reach internationally and even offers the option of creating a special musician account with all the important functions for distributing your music. A tip: Don't make the mistake of neglecting your account as soon as your follower goal has been reached! Accounts that are not maintained and ideally supplied with new input every day are quickly out.

Tip # 2: Create a classic band homepage
    In addition to modern channels such as YouTube and Facebook, your marketing should also include the good old homepage. Why? Very simple: Here you have everything in your own hands! Even if it does not happen very often, but with third-party portals there is always the possibility that the provider deletes your account or certain postings for whatever reason. On your homepage, however, you - and only you - decide what goes online. A perfect design and an extremely good structure are important here. For example, make sure that your promotional material is easy to find for fans and journalists and that it is always up to date.

Tip # 3: Sell your music digitally
    If people like your music, then they want to get it straight away as quickly as possible. It is therefore very important that buying your songs is not a problem. Digital distribution via portals such as iTunes, Amazon and Musicload is the best way to offer your songs to fans. For newcomers who are not yet very familiar with the business, cooperation with platforms that act as a mediator between you and the relevant portals is ideal. One such digital music distributor is Feiyr , for example , who specialized in marketing independent labels as early as 2005.

Tip # 4: Think of your fans!
    Your fan base is the most important, but also the most sensitive component of your success: The fans can bring you to the top very quickly and let you down again just as quickly. It is therefore extremely important that you do not rest on your laurels. Show your fans what you do, what moves you - and don't forget to make contact. You can use your social media channels for this: Post regular band news, respond to comments and questions, upload new songs, do surveys and small competitions with giveaways. A nice idea is also a video diary of band rehearsals or promo tours that you can share on your channels. With such a look behind the scenes, you can secure the loyalty of your fan base in the long term.

Tip no. 5: Do merchandising
    Amazing but true: merchandising is a bigger source of income for many bands than selling CDs. For starters, you can, for example, “open” a free online shop with “Spreadshirt”, through which you can sell your own band shirts with just a few clicks. All you have to do is advertise this shop via your social media channels - and the entry into successful merchandising is ready.

Klemen Stular
    This article is a guest post.

www.iaatm.de/musik-richtig-vermarkten-diese-moeglichkeiten-haben-musiker/
    www-iaatm-de.translate.goog/musik-richtig-vermarkten-diese-moeglichkeiten-haben-musiker/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=nui

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  7. Burninstar

Thanks again kickback, Maybe someone else will comment. I tried a few experiments like guitars that swirl around and a few other things that put in more space than it needed. I will try a different more up-front drier styled mix.

8. I listened to your other tracks on Soundcloud and I'm not sure of your intentions for your music. It sounds like you wish you were in band and are making a demo mix illustrating your versatility with various styles rather than composing film music. There are many interesting components to your tracks, the guitar parts on earlier pieces have a stark, expansive quality, however the track above is an odd mix of a long Moog solo interspersed with a jazz sax part that has a totally different character. I'd suggest trying to compose with a specific mood in mind and don't use any drums. Learn to use tone and texture without rhythm. You may find you can write film music after all. I got into it by putting a notice up on a board at my local film and television school offering my services to students for free. I got a few jobs and it became a good paying job after a couple of years. Good luck.

9. Burninstar

Thanks BEAT16 This is all very Interesting and I will adapt some of it to what applies to me. I am not looking to be a musician/composer with a following, I know that is unlikely.

I do love to compose and produce music, and have produced a wide variety of music suitable for movies and videos, commercials ect... maybe sample packs. I thank you again

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Put a couple of promo CD's with your address and e-mail on it and give them away to friends and music shops, pubs, etc., maybe you will get more awareness and more feedback. You don't have to become famous, but you should share your music with others. Ask a few people in the music industry what they think of it. Like "@Lenny Belardo II" for example. Just send a few CD's to radio stations and record labels.

11. Burninstar

Lenny, I was hoping you would give a listen. Thanks for this excellent advice. Do you compose to picture, or compose for a certain mood separately and adapt it to the project at hand. most of my newer work is not on soundcloud. I started as a pro drummer and always start there, your advice of not using drums will be a breakthrough for me, Thanks again I have to get some sleep I'm about to nod off.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I listened to your songs on SoundCloud - you're a pretty versatile talented musician and composer. You can do a lot of styles from alternative rock to reggae. The great variety. Exactly what you do best, drums, that's the problem almost all of your songs have the same drum kit throughout, it's kind of tired. Instrumentally it is very versatile and shows great ability.

Instead of drums, I would try bongos, congos and synth bass. For example, the "Earthy Organic March" could be turned into a version 2 with vocals or a choir and then leave out the drums. There is still room for improvement when it comes to mixing and mastering.

Sometimes there is a little too much of the good. Less is often more. The instruments should each have their own place in the mix.
    This is how I imagine a saxophone solo. It really comes into its own and does not go under.

Bakers Street - Gerry Rafferty (1978)

13. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

The intro is too long.
    Drums just dont fit, neither the sound nor style of playing.

14. phantomolecule

phantomolecule Member

Really enjoyed it. If when you say "ITB creation" you mean all the instruments are virtual instruments, as well as the mixing done ITB, I'm especially impressed. Hope you keep at it!

15. Burninstar

Thanks guys for your comments and criticism. I screwed up!! Sorry. The songs on my soundcloud are not my best work. I did not think anyone would listen to all my content that was there, I am a fool for that, I have learned a lot by posting though. Most of these songs were a learning experience for me and in that respect they served their purpose. I like to try new software and work on my engineering skills.

I come from years of studio work and even taught recording engineering and production for 15 years. Now, I work alone with small monitors. Be aware that none of the songs are mastered and are works in progress.

I have trouble understanding the same drum sound comment, I have listen to many albums that have the same exact sound for every song. When working in the studio doing live recording, we never swapped out the drums during recording. The time it takes to mic and sound drums makes that impracticable. These songs were produced at different times with different software.

You are but a few that will ever hear these songs and I appreciate your input. True that less is often better. I understand the sax comment and you are right. It is hard to compare a 16 bar bridge to a song that the sax carries the song with the main melody. But I get what you are saying.

It still amazes me what we can do alone with a computer that used to take recording studios and great musicians to
    accomplish. I am proud of what I have done and will continue to persevere.

Thanks again everyone. Next time hopefully it will be better and I will prune the bad stuff off of my soundcloud page.

16. Burninstar

Yes, all in the box. Many of the real sounding instruments were arranged and rendered with Band in a Box, other parts are virtual instruments.
    Thanks for your interest. You inspire me to continue.