It is Time to Shape up or Ship out

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by TonyG, Apr 26, 2018.

1. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

yes indeed...the ignore button is gold.....i have 21 permanent ignores now and they are never coming off....it works well...i get to just hear those i respect and as the weirdos raise their heads...i chop em off with mister ignore.......bliss indeed

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. sir jack spratsky

deepest respect to the constitution of the us, however, it is a failed system so probably not the best model tonyg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke.

And as far as freedom of speech is concerned, here is an excerpt from the rules:
    Strong language and profanity is allowed only when not directed towards members of our community.

And this is not about dictatorship, it's about appropriate behaviour.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  4. TW

TW Guest

Audiosex is a great community. I love to read here. You notice people that are really helpfull and teach you something, orthers that are funny and entertaining, and a really small number of people that want to start fires (like in any other community) - some times you have to call such people what they are.

Humans needed and will allways need some rules to form any kind of community,

"Stupidity is not a right!" moira 2017 - kidding :winker:

Now it is time to take my fretless and play some Jaco. Damn this poor Bass is dusty...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. sir jack spratsky

f u c k yeah

6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I am(and sense everyone else)looking forward to your wisdom in the form of a theory thread where you demonstrate "where the information is wrong based on what they learned over decades and they then are bordering on having a need to set the record straight."
    You have not opened up yet, to share your unique knowledge set and I for one welcome it fine sir.

If you lead THIS horse to water, I will drink.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

In general, humans are civilized, cooperative beings because this behavior is beneficial to everyone in the longer term.
    Divergent opinions and disputes should be allowed of course.
    However, special situations, such as protection by anonymity (here: alias), can sometimes impair human qualities.
    The selfish urge to favor oneself by the damage, injury or coercion of the other becomes overpowering.
    Mostly, it takes only a banal pretext: a divergent view, a clumsy formulation, a supposed provocation...
    In this case, the reasonable members of the community have the right and the duty to intervene in order to prevent further damage.
    Executive power (here: mods) is a means for that, but only the second best.
    In terms of sustainability, non-violent intervention (dialogue, conviction) should remain the ideal, even if it does not appear to have immediate effect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. TonyG

TonyG Guest

It does work. It is fast. It is lethal. It is like a magic wand. It makes trollers disappear. I wish I could use it against my mother in law.:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. TonyG

TonyG Guest

The Constitution has not failed us, we have failed the Constitution. With that said, this is a musical Forum and I wish to keep politics out of this thread. If you want to discuss what I said, feel free to contact me by PM.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

This is serious not a joke ( just in case you guys wondering)
    this is used all over the world to end wars bridge gaps between nations ,states, all the way down to villages.
    I use this myself to advance myself in attempt to be better person who shows dignity to others.
    If you watch(listen audio book) this 9 hour training course you will know exactly why i communicate the way that i do.
    This has forever changed my life.
    whatever difficulties I face my own thoughts do not create hatred or suffering for myself do to this material on non-violent communication ( it deals with self and others DIGNITY)
    It has transformed my life.
    not to post alot here but it is about the thread title here is small snippet

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Just yesterday, I was shopping around for one of the new digital mixers. Looking at the XR-16 as I like the price point/number of inputs. So google led me to a thread on Gearslutz where a member had opened a thread asking for effects presets that anyone used commonly and were willing to share. 1st poster immediately came in saying that it was a useless thread as effects settings were generally going to be venue/material based. Ok, fine. That's his opinion and I can respect that. The back and forth that ensued, and after reading the entire 5 pages of the thread, there were maybe five comments which actually referred to the OP's subject and addressed my curiosity about this piece of hardware. Most comments were made by the 1st poster defending his statements/attacking/belittling others for questioning his answer. Personally, I feel that is ridiculous and I see some of the same around here lately. State your opinion and let it go. You can't make someone think the way you feel they should.
    The whole point is that this behavior is everywhere.
    It seems most here want to use the site for sharing information, asking questions, and helping others. That's why I stay and check in (usually every day) to see what's going on. And most that I have met on here are fine people that I would call friends.
    And I do see that the MODS stay on top of things which helps. I agree that we shouldn't resort to extreme censorship. Just observe the rules, and when appropriate, let it go.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this ties into the thread title it is few mins give it a chance.
    you can then search for more on youtube if you want to check it out deeper "non-violent communication"

ALTERNATIVE TO CENSORSHIP

When human beings use judgement and labels to communicate their needs, they are doing it in a tragic way ( which cannot fulfill their needs behind it, and prevents co-operation.)
    when you hear that you are "lazy" there may be a need for appreciation or companionship
    when you here that you are "stupid" there may be a need for understanding self worth or creativity

human beings action whether speaking or acting are all attempts at meeting their needs ( requirements we all share)
    [​IMG]

we then form specific strategies to meet our needs
    (what we say how we do things)
    and depending on if the strategies are successful or fail we feel angry or happy fulfilled or lash out with verbal abuse.( when we do not have the ability to communicate the needs directly to ourselves and others)

We can always choose how to react to any situation in life.
    If you want compassion and empathy for others, do not listen to just the words listen to the deeper needs behind words people say .
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@TonyG Try being nice to her and smiling and when she says the most caustic comments, tell her how much you admire and respect her comments. Eventually she will stop because she has a conscience or give up because she will think you are either too nice or too stupid. Unfortunately most mother-in-laws do not have a conscience so it's likely to be the latter.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. TonyG

TonyG Guest

That is another BIG problem here as well. You open a thread and all of a sudden you receive a flow of responses totally unrelated to the thread's subject and goals of the OP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I must say, I myself am guilty of asking off topic questions when I see something that strikes my interest. Normally, I will apologize to the OP if I catch myself doing that.
    It's likely an attention thing... oh look, a squirrel!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

Here's a brief example of different types of communication

A) Conflict-promoting communication :trolls:

1) Observation and evaluation are mixed:

"MMJ, the lots of harmony courses you are posting are completely worthless!"

2) No explanation about the connection of the situation with the feeling, an interpretation is expressed as feeling. Blames, allegations, generalizations.

"You're kidding me, you don't give a damn if nobody understands what you're talking about here!"

3) The need is not (clearly) expressed, instead the other one is morally condemned:

"You're really an incompetent and conscienceless idiot!"

4) A claim is made. Failure to comply may result in sanctions.

"If you don't stop posting such incomprehensible stuff in this forum immediately, I'll give you hell in front of everyone!"

B) Conflict-resolving (non-violent) communication :hug:

1) Observation: Concrete actions that we observe and that affect our well-being.
    "MMJ, you have posted 7 harmony courses here in the last two weeks. I worked them all out without understanding anything."

2) Feeling: The feelings are associated with what we observe.
    "I've lost a lot of time and that's why I'm really angry now..."

3) Need: Needs from which feelings arise are considered and communicated.
    "...because I expect a course to be designed so that even rookies like me can understand it."

4) Request: A concrete action is asked - non-performance is also fine.
    "In the future, would it be possible for you, to make your courses easier and with more explanations, please?"

Cheers! :cheers:

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. sir jack spratsky

ahhhhh peace at last....trust me friends...the ignore button is manna from the universe....troll free..at last i can enjoy this forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    I bow to you fine sir.