It is Time to Shape up or Ship out

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by TonyG, Apr 26, 2018.

1. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I am using this thread to send a message to all members: the time has come for all of us to shape up or ship out.
    I have noticed an increasing number of threads that are being used as a tool to insult other
    members with inappropriate language that includes profanity, racism and sexism just to mention a few.
    The saddest part about this is that very little is being done about it and many blame the Moderators
    for it. In my opinion some the responsibility does fall on the Moderators but the majority of it it is ours.
    As a community we can not sit back and allow this type of disruptive behavior to take place. As a community we can not participate nor encourage this type of disturbance. We have the tools at our disposal. We have the rules.We have the "report tab". And we have the Moderators. We need to avail ourselves of what has been given to us for the purpose of making this site a better place. A place where those seeking guidance can find it. A place where those willing to share their creations can share it. A place where we can share our ideas without being subject to the nonsense that has infected this site.
    We need to shape up or ship out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
    • Agree x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Love it! x 3
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    I bow to you fine friend.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I would stress that part. Report ASAP to the mods and try not to fight fire with fire. It's hard if you're the offended person, not so much if you aren't.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. TonyG

TonyG Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

100% approval!
    It's about moral courage - a topic that is of increasing importance in virtual space as well as in "real life".

...Intervent in favor of the harassed...
    ...Commit to universal human values and rights...
    ...Fight against attacks and bullying...
    ...Represent, withstand and assert beliefs...
    ...Resist, refuse obedience to injustice...

Peace will be when we shape it together.
    For that, we need all our courage, humor and love.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Nicely said!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
  10. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

Get well soon! :mad:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. TonyG

TonyG Guest

It is normal for two individudals to have a disagreement. In fact, they do not have to agree on anything at all. Disagreement is part of our everyday life. Yet that is not at issue here. At issue here is the question of whether mere disagreement is sufficient to justify the type of repugnant behavior currently exhibited by some of the members? And more important is asking:for how long are the rest of us going to let it happen?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You do know that there are some people who get involved with this forum just to spam, because they are only using legit programs/plugins? The "righteous" ones. I'm all for paying for what you use, and I mean *use*, but those people can't understand the term "try before buy"... maybe because they forked out too many times for something turned out to be rubbish and they're mad now and envy us who do try before buying.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

The ancient one I like sometimes to see,
    And not to break with him am always civil;
    'Tis courteous in so great a lord as he,
    To speak so kindly even to the devil.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust I (1808)

14. DieM

DieM Rock Star

15. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I totally agree with your post and reckon that the folks who are posting these messages are angry within themselves anyway.
    If they don't post their anger here then they will post it elsewhere!
    Some people are very unhappy with their state of affairs and need to let it out somehow, even if it means insulting some of the good people on this sight.
    I'll be honest and say that I was having a struggle last Xmas and as a consequence I ended up having a bit of an argument with a couple of the moderators on this sight. At the time I was experiencing some personal struggles and took it out on a couple of guys on this sight so I understand to a certain extent. I have also noticed that some people just love to disagree and put others down as a part of their nature! I would class these folks as trolls.
    I think this is one of the best music software sights along with the sister sight available on the net and I have been a member since 2015.
    It does attract some bad apples who just love to exert their will on others. I have noticed that these people soon dissapear.
    I guess it's just a part of any forum. Good and bad comes and goes. It balances out. If anyone is out of their league then they are soon put in their place here and either shape up or ship out!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  16. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You are not alone on that front. I had my encounters with some of the Mods, too. I have lost my temper a couple of times. I also have used PMs to vent my anger and frustration with some members but I have never visited another member's thread to disrupt it and create havoc.

17. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

We can all focus on being helpful and nicer to move everyone forward. Great post !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Yeah we all get fazed at times. What do you mean by disrupting other member's threads?

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I don't come around here as often as I used to, mainly because I'm a lot busier. That's maybe 75% of the reason for my absence. The other 25% is to dodge some of the negativity around here that you speak of. It definitely can discourage me from opening up around here like I used to. I feel like I'm not the only one. I tend to have some different views of the world and I feel like some people just don't want to implement their own thoughts in fear of ridicule (I know I do sometimes). So they echo what the person before them said in an effort to "belong". But a fortune from a fortune cookie once told me "The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference." Which is very true. Not just here... but all around the world.

When I do see something that I think is hostile, a violation of the rules, or could potentially start a lot of chaos on the forum, I do report it via the report button, because I know the moderators will get to it eventually. From what I've noticed, it takes them anywhere from as little as 5-10 minutes to as much as a few days to get it under control. It all really depends on the severity of the issue as well as agendas and time zones. But the upside to this forum is that I can trust that the moderators (and most other members) will look at things with a reasonable and diplomatic standpoint. I can't really say that about any other site. Especially large social media networks (ie: Facebook).

Yes, I've made friends here I will never forget. Some of whom I have met face to face for a couple drinks or so. I've had more positive interactions than I've had negatives. Because I'm not really that big on enemies. I never take my anger out here if I'm having a bad day. I usually just go punch a pillow or something. Or go for a midnight jog or something. But I'm all about peace and love. I think everyone can always use a lil bit of peace and love.

Look at it this way, folks: Toxic people are like bad weather. There's all different types of them and they will all come and they will all go. No matter where in the world you are. Loving people are like good weather. There's all different types of them and they will also all come and go.
    But... whichever type you pay the most attention to defines who you are. Just remember that when you focus primarily on one, the other one will fade away in the blurry corners of your eyes. If you focus primarily on the positive people, the toxic people will eventually fade away. If you focus primarily on the toxic people, the positive people will eventually fade away. Unfortunately, the ladder is the most common way of looking at things which is why people often make the world out to be colder and far more desolate than it actually is.

As for the maybe one or two "enemies" I've made here and other places, I notice that enemies come when you stand up for something. You don't always choose to make them. But you can choose how you deal with them. I prefer to let it go and move on. If I could always have it my way, I'd get along with everyone regardless of our differences and/or disagreements.

Nonetheless, I just appreciate and cherish my intercontinental friendships made here... :winker: :mates: :hug:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. DieM

DieM Rock Star

That would be great but unfortunately not everyone thinks along these lines.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@TonyG
    Bada bing bada boom

While I have been guilty I learned to use the ignore click link and NEVER take it off, ever.
    There is also no point in getting upset over something I cannot change. It is a waste of valuable energy, better spent elsewhere.
    People believe what they want to believe. It's easier trying to move a mountain with my little finger than to convince anyone that something is either correct or incorrect if they do not want to hear it.
    While ignore is part of the word ignorance, sometimes that type of ignorance can be bliss. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List