Issues with Wormhole2 in Sierra...

Discussion in 'Software' started by krakdhaus, Jul 24, 2017.

1. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

I did a clean install of Sierra and loaded in Wormhole2 v2.06 in Logic Pro X 10.3.2. I'm trying to run it thru to a PC emulation (in hopes to run Windows plugs). At first, it was showing up in Audioport (had to use 32 Lives to get both from 32bit to 64bit) All was showing up on the Mac side... but couldn't get it operational on the PC side. And now...bringing up Wormhole in Logic gives me a dialog saying 'the plugin is damaged... consult the developer'. I trashed it and reinstalled... all having the same results. In showing the hidden files, I could not see any pref or anything that would jump out screaming to be...er... 'repealed and replaced'. It still shows up in the plugin manager... along with Audioport... but fail when trying to enable. And...it was resurrected in 32 Lives and I ran the OS AU Validation app. It's all in the correct folders. Even tried thru Blue Cat to see if I can get the VST version going... but alas... nope. Tried the whole process again using Digital Performer 9.13. Same damn thing.
    Any others had this issue? In any DAW running in Sierra... or even in any of the other OS's?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. Jeen

Jeen Producer

4. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Wow! Thx a lot!!! I've been digging EVERYWHERE to try and figure this out! I think my main issue might be on the Mac side... but I can't wait to try your method out. But... as luck would have it... the power in my neighborhood went out @ 15min. ago. I'm checking this post from my iPhone (... jeez... my luck!!). I'll let you know how it goes... I'm keeping my fingers crossed - thx again
    PS... is this an updated version of Syn2mac that was posted here before 2016? And are there any links that show the process of set-up for the ViennaEnsemble?
    (sorry 'bout all the questions...I've had all 3 Cosm. Squid apps for a while... just never installed them...)

5. Jeen

Jeen Producer

Syn2mac was made for synths this is VSToMac for plugs ...the standalone was not released...
    for ViennaEnsemble

this is a tuto for instruments but you can transpose it to plugs
    no need to run server on osX

6. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

is there a password I'm missing?
    thx

7. Jeen

Jeen Producer

i don't understand ....what are you talking about ??
    vienna or vstomac ....there is no passwd for both....
    if you talking about vienna , search vienna ensemble for Win an Mac on the brother site...
    read instructions for the mac version ...and you're reday to go...

8. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Hmmm... from the Mega link for the SynToMac...I downloaded the 17 files...(they are numbered zip.001- zip.017), tried extracting using 7zX, UnRarX, Keka and The UnArchiver. All methods asked for a password. Currently looking into other methods.... if there is no password involved, the download might be corrupt (?)
    *if not asking for a PW, some of the expanders say that file.zip.017 (22.8mb) isn't complete... and stops the process before extraction begins. I've re-downloaded and get the same result*

I'll try and figure it out... but thanks again for your work!

9. Jeen

Jeen Producer

sorry man the password is "audioz"

10. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

HA! Oh man... I tried every conceivable pw I could think of... all... but that one! Duh!
    Thanks again. Can't wait!

11. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Yeah... I've had this downloaded for a while.... just not installed. I thought this was a different set-up than the 'ILok OSX Bundle of Mayhem-C0sm1cSqu1d' method (which is the one I was trying to work with). I guess what you are saying is that SynToMac will also work with plugs?... I'll mess with it today and find out. I don't wish to burden you down with tiresome 'noob' questions... just want to say thanks again!

12. Jeen

Jeen Producer

i've made ILok OSX Bundle of Mayhem-C0sm1cSqu1d lol
    yes this is the same thing but standalone ...the ILok OSX Bundle of Mayhem run more plugs but less simple to install..
    tell me if it works....
    :guru:- You have to know that vstomac or ILok OSX Bundle of Mayhem are very usable for mastering and master bus ...
    but if you want to put it on your mix track like a normal plug , you will have latency on that track :-(
    so you have to bounce that track and move it to compensate the latency.... (very easy)
    ViennaEnsemble do the compensation itself so ViennaEnsemble is better for mixing if you don't want to bounce ...

PS:SynToMac run effects plugins of course ;-)

13. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Yeah! I recognized the name from your computer! Awesome! I'm still having issues I can't wrap my head around. Wormhole and Audioport are not being changed (or staying changed) in the 64bit version coming from 32 Lives. I've cleared the cache in Logic Pro X with no luck. Must be some stupid little pref or something I'm missing. My main DAW is DP 9.13 and its failing the AU load-in also. Really interested in running some of the audioUTOPIA plugs so I don't have to use the openssh method (I'd like to run Reason 5... but that method prevents launching).
    I'm working on it (slowly)... time is unfortunately tight this week. That is so great you devised this... the vids prove it... now I just have to prove it to myself!

14. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Argh... still issues with Wormhole connecting on the windows side... and 32 Lives doesn't work in DP9 (but sees the worm thru LPX). Next I'm gonna see if BC Patchwork with allow me to access the VST (that was changed thru JBridgeM)... but still have to access the wine side...

15. Jeen

Jeen Producer

no luck... try vienna