Issues with waves since I upgraded to windows 8

Discussion in 'PC' started by ElDudarino, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ElDudarino

ElDudarino Newbie

HELP!! This is bugging me and I don't know... whenever I try to add a Waves plugin, it only shows me the first little bit of what I have installed. It used to say "part 2, part 3" and that is all gone. I noticed it on the last round of waves I installed, 9R13, and it is still happening in the one released today.

Other than upgrading to win 8 64 pro, the only other changes I have made to the system are a new keyboard and mouse (the Corsair K70 and M65), 3 new 24" Asus monitors driven from an EVGA GTX760SC. I noticed that in Win 8, there is a lot of times I have to use the scroll wheel to see what I am after when choosing things, however that doesn't work with the Waves plugins. Another thing that is difficult is getting the waves plugins to 'stick', when i select the Waves 9.2 selector, it is hard to get from the Waves thing before to the few visual plugins that are there. it usually closes on me before getting over there.

You guys always rock when it comes to helping me so I am going to say thank you in advance!

El

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

But it is really hard to help when you're running an OS that is just too new to be supported by all developers. You just have to be more conservative in regards to choosing the operating system for your audio computer to avoid any problems. I'm still running Windows XP on my new computer and have no problems whatsoever with anything. However, I would advise people to install Windows 7 either 32bit or 64bit to avoid any problems with plugins in the future. Windows 8 maybe in a few years. If ever. There's just no use in running the latest and greatest from a firm that's going down rapidly. :(

I'm sorry I couldn't help you. :( But the greatest help to you is the advice to install Windows 7 SP1, really. The problem is not them so much, it's your choice of OS. Go back and install W7 if you can, therefore avoiding all the problems with W8, and make music. :wink:

You're not the first, nor the only one having problems with software and plugins with Windows 8.

4. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

your w8 install is perhaps corrupted (doyou use any of these registry cleaning crap apps?) cuz I use win8 x64 since it came out and havent got any prob with it...no matter whether in sonar x3 or reaper..I uninstalled samplitude a little while back so I dont know about v9r13 (v9r12 worked good though)

try to install reaper (it's only 20mb!) [or another daw if you dont want to try with that one], and see if you still have the problem..if you do your install definitely has a problem

5. ElDudarino

ElDudarino Newbie

OK - I got them all working! I just to run the compatibility wizard for both programs .exe files... (Seq x86 & x64, and Samp Pro X Suite x86 & x64)!

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to downgrade to 7 as I have lots of shite installed that I didn't want to have to re-do!

That's the solution for anyone else having this issue.

Have a great night everyone, and thanks for the help!

El

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

One a side note the 8.1 has just been released in case you weren't aware. Came out today guys. :wink:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=use7ouN5CNM

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

just don't rush in trying to download and install :excl:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/17/windows_81_update_what_to_know/

8. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i insist that windows 8 is butt ugly and it sucks,but to each their own

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

+1 *yes*

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

The looks are not everyone's bag but the underlying kernel is much tighter and has some really useful functionality particularly for music producers.

11. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

The Waves V9R13 specify in the change-log the fact that it was optimised better for Win8 OS. I had problem with V9R12 in S1 (Win8x64) always crashing while openin the third or forth instance of a different waves plugin, like for example i would load the SuperTap delay on a track, then i add the CLa-2a, and then the next waves plug, like Ren-Eq waves plug, it would crash the whole daw. after i installed the V9R13, everything works smoothly, absolutely no crashh or error.

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I also love the Win8 for it's stability and overall optimisations. I know alot of guys hate it, but to me is the most stable OS by far, i work on it by 2 months ago and absolutely no problem.

13. urOk

urOk Member

I don't know to which version you have upgrade. If from 8 to 8.1 then you always can do a system restore. If from Windows 7 to 8 then I must say that is better to do clean install. I working on Windows 8 and never had any issues with any plugins (beside Sylenth1 and one delay plugin). But I must warn you guys, do not upgrade to 8.1 before all your plugins you use will be ready for it. I've heard already that people have many problems with compatibility. So do not rush for it.

14. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yea', honestly i'm affraid too, to upgrade to 8.1.
    The Win 8 (Pro Version) never gave me problems with any kind of plugs, even Sylenth1 (no matter the skin) it works perfectly. I don't know why other people got problems while using Win 8, but i'm one of the ones that never got problem with Win 8.

15. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Maybe is depending on the daw stability too, i use Presonus S1 2.6 (even v.2.5 when i upgraded from win 7 to 8 )

16. urOk

urOk Member

Reporting in. I've update to Windows 8.1 and all works just fine. Didn't check all my plugins but also didn't have any problems with those which I use. So go ahead and update.

17. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Reporting in 2. Downloaded v8.1 Enterprise this morning and installed in Virtualbox. A lot better, still not windows7 but at least there is a start button (of sorts), no pop up window but just right click on the icon will give you what you need. Still don't like the metro apps thingy though, certainly not on a desktop pc. Probably works fine with a tablet or smart phone. We've only just bought a tablet but that's running Android 4.2.2, and I am desperate to root it, but unfortunately son has pinched it, I've only played with it for about an hour, 2 weeks ago :wow:

18. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

The right click on the start button creating that sort of start-menu was already on Win 8, so it's not a new thing.

19. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

but the start button wasn't there with the earlier version?, mind you the last version I installed was the beta (pre release)

20. urOk

urOk Member

Nope there wasn't start button, but anyways this button is a joke :D It doesn't change anything, still when u click on it you go to metro mode. And yes as Evorax said, when you click with ur mouse right button it open start menu. But easier and faster is when you use shortcut keys "windows+X". So I back to the beginning. This button is a joke :rofl:

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's Microsoft's way of saying we don't give a crap what you want and think you guys are stupid so we will appease you while giving you not even a percent of what you actually wanted.