Issues with Stylus RMX v1.9.8g

Discussion in 'Software' started by bassmake, May 11, 2020.

1. bassmake

bassmake Member

Hi,

Am having some issues with version 1.9.8g of Stylus RMX downloaded from the sister site. After installation i wanted to import REX2 files but the new build in Sage Converter doesn't seem to work. Are there any of you who had the same issue and solved it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Be awared how the REX files are organised in the folders!

4. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Sage converter doesn't work on mojave here at all. just gave up on that part of it.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  5. bassmake

bassmake Member

1.9.8g has Sage build in the standalone version. Sadly i can get it to work propperly

6. bassmake

bassmake Member

Ive heard that but when i try to open a signle REX file it doesnt seem to work aswell

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

There is nothing wrong with 1.9.8g's REX Import function. The REX Import function is found by clicking the "VIEW" tab. If you want to import REX files, you do it from stand alone. Look at a 5PIN Media REX loop being imported.

RMX-.png

RMX2.png

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  8. bassmake

bassmake Member

This gives hope, I know where i should click to import. as i see you are running a windows machine right?

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

It is a Windows OS. You should re-quote me above. I made a mistake calling the VIEW tab the MENU. I corrected it. Are you on Windows?

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

One thing that need to be understood. RMX will NOT import wave files using this option. The file needs to be in REX or REX2 format. If you have a wave file you want to import into RMX you need to use RECYCLE by Reason Studio. Once converted to REX you can import them into RMX.

11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I run Stylus RMX with latest update (1.9.8g) on Win10/64 bit. I´m using the Sage converter wich is a separat application - I dont use the standalone version for the task and frankly I dont think it works :no:

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

The SAGE Converter in 1.9.8g DOES work as clearly shown below:

1. I chose a 5Pin Media library for this example

RMX SAGE 1.png

2. Those are REX files in the folder I chose

RMX SAGE 2.png

3. I have named what I would like to call the library once it has been converted

RMX SAGE 3.png

4. The results with the files showing up in the RMX

RMX SAGE 4.png

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

14. bassmake

bassmake Member

Sadly this solution won't work for macosx Mojave and above because 32bit software isnt working anymore. I think this is a mac only problem for this download :( seeing all the windows users haveing no problem

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm: Vro next time be specific as to which OS you are using. I am going to tag a mac user (@kingchubby) who I think has it installed. He may be able to help you.

16. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

17. Joe.Blow

Joe.Blow Producer

Is there a trick to getting the 1.9.8g standalone version to convert REX files? I've done all the steps indicated in the images above, and I see the dialog saying that it worked, but it's instantaneous and there are no converted files anywhere. I've even tried it on a clean PC to be sure that it wasn't because my SAGE library is in a different drive. (Windows 10 x64)

I get a really quick flash of a black window before the dialog comes up saying that it's done. I'm guessing that's SageConverter_v2.exe. If I try to run it directly, it does the same thing. Feels like I'm missing a dll or maybe an updated REX shared library or something.

Alternatively, is there a newer version of the "RMX Installer PC.exe" program that Big Fish Audio used in their old REX/RMX libraries? Running it on Win10x64, it just gives an error that the SAGE library isn't installed properly.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  18. pannekaukenmacher

pannekaukenmacher Newbie

@Joe.Blow
    You are right with your description of the occuring errors
    at windows 10.

19. pannekaukenmacher

pannekaukenmacher Newbie

@Joe.Blow
    You are right with your description of the occuring errors.
    I have the same errors with the Import Menu of Stylus or with the manually started SageConverter_v2.exe.
    (Windows 10)
    If you look at the short popping up black window by starting SageConverter_v2.exe many times
    you can read the text: SAGE Converter cannot load REX SDK DLL. Please contact the Spectrasonics technical support.
    I have contacted the technical support, but no one seems to be able to help me.
    Until now no solution ...

20. Joe.Blow

Joe.Blow Producer

I think I fixed it! I replaced the Rex Shared Library.dll with a bunch of different ones and finally got one that made the error disappear and it seems to be converting files correctly too!

I found the file online here: https://www.azdll.net/files/rex-shared-library-dll (64 bit version).

If you don't trust that site, the dll is just the one from Bandlab's Cakewalk that gets installed in the Cakewalk Core directory.

Also note that you'll need to restart Stylus RMX after converting (or at least I did).

Edit: Tangentially related, I just found a Big Fish Audio RMX installer exe that actually works in Win10 x64. And it works on their old releases too: I have several BFA multi-format REX/RMX discs from 2010 in which the included RMX installer doesn't work, but the REX files convert & install fine with this newer installer. Let me know if you want me to upload it somewhere. Alternatively, you can probably find it in a newer BFA multi-format release.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  21. Bastian

Bastian Newbie

Hey Joe,
    I am having exact the same issue here and I am glad I found that topic.. I'd be very interested in the Big Fish Audio RMX installer for I don't use any of their products yet. My SAGE converter just won't work and my samples don't come with an own converter.. so may I come back to your offer to upload it somewhere? Many thanks!