Issues with low memory with EWQL/kontakt - Maybe dfd?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ryan, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan Member

Hi Guys,

I'm totally new here, so my apologies If my post is not according to rules or such things. I tried my best though

A while ago I had to reinstall my the computer I use for my music (i use another one for that) and When I reinstalled the kontakt version of EWQL colossus and orchestra gold it is constantly running out of memory when I try to load sounds. The thing is that before i had to reinstall windows and all, I could load almost endless amounts of sounds without this happening. YEARS ago I know i had this issue too, but forgot how I solved it. I remember there was a DFD extension that could be related to this, which allowed direct streaming from the disk, but I'm not exactly sure anymore.

the thing is that I also have no clue where I left that file. I knew i could just openly download it from the soundsonline website, so it was not any cracked or warez-related thing (I know asking for warez and such is not allowed of course). If anyone knows if this may be the issue here and may have that DFD (direct-from-disk) extension laying around, I'd be so glad to get that back. I've actually made quit alot of tracks using those libs and although they may be a little outdated, I really loved that simplistic blue interface of the Kontakt version of these East west products.

Well thanx for reading so far, and ..well ..I hope to get some replies to this. Otherwise you can always PM me too if you know a solution, fix or whatever

Have a good time creating music all!

Greets,

Ryan

Oh yeah. I already experimented with buffersize on my soundcard settings, but hat didnt solve the problem enough

3. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Hi !

If it's legit why not contacting East West ?? They can probably send you the missing stuff !

I got Colossus too (Not legit) I'm on Mac myself, so I don't think I can help you (I didn't know DFD before you mention it) but if you know where the file is, tell me ! Maybe some files are the same PC/Mac...

4. Ryan

Ryan Member

Well, it's not totally legit. Otherwise I would have done that already. If you own colossus (and use it) it can be a pretty handy feature. You can load alot more sounds if you turn it on

5. Ryan

Ryan Member

All these EWWL ones (colossus, symphonic orchestra gold, silver, RA..etc) that are still based on the KONTAKT player (not play) should use the exact same DFD extention, as far as I know , so any of them should be able to do the trick. You know that button DFD on your colossus interface? Before you have this installed, you can not really click on it. After you have it installed you get an extra menu where you can define things related to latecy, the amount of voices used and such. So you can pretty much tweak it so you can get the best performance out of it

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

By the way, what I meant to say about the legit stuff is that I believe the DFD extension itself was never protected in anyway. You could just download it from their forum at that time, without any protection or so. But yeah, it's been years now and all their pages related to downloads & updates and such refer to PLAY versions now, not these old KONTAKT ones anymore.

7. theBadger

theBadger Newbie

You could search on the internet for "ni_dfd_129_setup".

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

Oh? But is this the DFD extension for the regular kontakt player, or the one for those libraries like symphonic gold, colossues and *their* version of the kontakt player? (that blue one)
    Or do they all use the same one?
    I do not intend to run the colossus libs and such from the regular kontakt player

9. Ryan

Ryan Member

Hey man. I think that's the one! Colossus is loading 4 times faster now!
    !

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

11. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

subGENRE lol can u google some shit 4 me to?