Issues with loading Libraries on Kontakt Portable (5.8) on Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Software' started by putsila, Jun 6, 2018.

1. putsila

putsila Newbie

Hi there, I used to have a mac machine and recently upgraded to windows. All of my installs went well, and I also installed Kontakt Portable 5.8 from audioz. Since the "Add library" button is now gone, they integrated a Library Manager in which you can add libraries similarly to the licences version.

1. Most of my libraries were recognized but some are not, and I get the message that "No Library Found" when I try to add through the Manager even though .nicnt or .nkc files are there.

2. I also have a few library which are more like "homemade" which I used to load from the "Files" tab. These libraries now take really long to load. My whole project freezes for a few seconds but they eventually load, even though they are insignificant in size.

3. There is a Library which I used to have on my Mac machine (Kontakt 5.6.6) and when I transferred the project to my windows machine the library loaded normally, even though it's still not displayed in the libraries.

Anyone has any help with those issues?

I am running Windows 10 64 on Ableton 9.

3. Torouka

Torouka Ultrasonic

Hi Guy, I had the same message when i added the librarie by "self made option" and after I tried "encoded" and it worked for all of them.

That leads to another question, can we add some by that "encoded" without having legal problems or other or do we have to not touch this way beacause it's risky ?

I also one time needed to batch resave to load a library for that i had the same message of yours :)