Issues with Clients files & Mediafire?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by belinea2010, Jan 26, 2021.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

I have new client with whom I am working remotely and the client wishes to send me thier audio files using Mediafire Cloud which is fine.

They upload thier file to thier account and send me a link, I can then either download from that link or I am supposed to be able to save thier files into my own Mediafire account and then download them from there.

I have used this method before and it means I have a backup of the clients files on my mediafire.

However, on the link that the client sends there is a button whereby if you click it the files are supposed to be saved to my account but they are not, nothing happens and nothing is saved.

The client says that they have not made any settings at thier end that prevent me from saving and I emailed mediafire on Friday but I have heard nothing from them. The client is getting a little frustrated and I do not want to loose this comission.

I wonder if anyone can offer any suggestions?

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

For a fast file transfer you could use zippy or anon, both support full up and download speed. No one without the generated link has access to these files and they're automatically deleted after a while.

4. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Hi No Avenger

Thanks for your reply.

It is not an option to use any of the services you suggest, my client (a company) and I both have paid for accounts on Mediafire plus that is what the client wants to use so it is up to me to make it work or the client will go elsewhere.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List