Issue with Korg WaveState Native VST version

Discussion in 'Software' started by Enigma_synth, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Enigma_synth

Enigma_synth Newbie

Last week I purchased a copy of Korg WaveState Native VST version. I have had both an AD and EX Wavestation for years and thought the VST version of the WaveState would be a great way to explore this synth before purchasing one of the mark II’s.

I loaded WaveState on my MAC Studio and all seemed to work well until I tried to load user samples. I purchased several banks from various vendors each saying the sounds banks will work fine on the native VST version. Even though the banks came with their own .korgcompiledbanks I still downloaded and ran sample builder, then I loaded the XXX.korgbank with open bank. Next I went to the file menu and selected "save bank for plug-in" and pressed save directing to the folder I created at the following location “Users/Shared/Sample Libraries/wavestate native”. I then opened my WaveState native plugin and selected: “User Sample Banks“ in the menu at the top right (3 little dots) and selected the folder I created. The korgcompiledbank”, remains greyed out, I don’t know if that’s normal or not? I closed the synth, restarted, and still the same. I selected the librarian mode on the plugin and imported (top right in the menu) the patches bundle file. That worked, but when I selected any of the patches the librarian replied that samples were missing. I also noticed that under WaveState native settings there is no “User sample Bank field” to select the .korgcompiledbank I put into the folder I created. I am assuming that WavesState does not recognize the folder I created. I moved it to the desktop and still the same. I’m not sure where I’m going wrong at?

WaveState (full version) V1.3.7

Korg Sample Builder V1.2.7

Mac Studio - Monterey V12.7.5

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Ken.

3. Auquicu

Auquicu Newbie