Issue with Kilohearts plugins. 1FPS mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nofolobricity, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hello!

You can watch the short video:

Also Carve and Slice EQs as separate plugins demonstrate the same issue.

Any ways to fix it?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

which graphics card? is OpenGL enabled? using some variable refresh rate tech like G-Sync or FreeSync?

4. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Nvidia Geforce GT 1030
    I don't know how to check, but today I reinstalled the latest video driver '555.99-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe'
    Hope there's no any refresh rate tech on my pc

P.S. It's only khs plugins (abovementioned) with this problem. Others work fine

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Just guessing.

- You're unlucky and the plugin is hitting something that isn't hardware accelerated on your GPU.

- Try in another DAW / standalone - sadly, Ableton does plugin GUI management wrong and they never fixed it.

6. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

You're definitely right. Sh*t:unsure:!!!

7. Nickmusic

Nickmusic Noisemaker

So.. I've also had this, and if I remember correctly, it just had to do with Shaperbox, I had 3.5.2 by CE VR. I had a hunch it was some plugin, because I think I've heard someone say it before that some old plugins or some buggy plugins or just some plugins were causing this for them, so don't expect it to be the same plugin, just look at the ones that might be a little rough around the edges and you'll find it eventually. I used revo uninstaller to completely uninstall it, used Phase Plant after that, and it was super smooth in the exact same project. I then reinstalled it, and it still ran fine, but only for a bit, I think literally the next time I opened that project I had the same issue. So it basically often has to do with some plugin Ableton doesn't like, often it is cracked plugins but I'm not so sure it's necessarily limited to them. I may or may not have heard that the mere existence of these plugins is enough to cause this but I don't think that's been my experience.

I also tried recreating the issue in Bitwig and obviously its just not a thing there. Ableton is just super prone to this kind of stuff unfortunately and stuff like this makes me seriously consider switching. But I obviously don't want to because Im just better at Ableton and I like some things about im not so willing to give up so easily.

Also, are you using R2R release for Kilohearts or is it the CE VR one? Cause in my case I was using the CE VR one so maybe that's the culprit?

Also, I should mention that some odd max for live devices can also do this. In other words.. Live is extremely volatile lol.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
  8. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

your falloff in Carve\Slice eq is set to OFF so the analyser will hold the spectrum

which version of 2.2.4 are you using is it legit r2r or vr version.

i can tell you that r2r version with nvidia 555.99 on ableton 12 under windows 10 dose not have sluggish gui.

9. Nickmusic

Nickmusic Noisemaker

I just uninstalled my CE VR version of kHs and installed the R2R release and I still have this within a project I had before. I am on the latest nvidia driver, latest stable version of Ableton (R2R release) and my CPU usage isn't even at 50% when this happens and my GPU is fine I have a 1080. I think its just related to other plugins

10. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. I almost sure that the reason is Ableton. I came across many different problems with Live+VSTs (especially vst3). But I also very love Ableton. He has many feature because of which I don't want to swap it.

Yes. I reinstalled khs yesterday R2R release 2.2.4 version. The previous was V.R. 2.2.1 - the same problem.

Sad about Carve and Slice EQs but at least there's 3 band eq that I can copy many times and tune what I want.

I know, I did this because it's convenient for me. Thank you!

r2r 2.2.4. Previous v.r. 2.2.1 had the same issue.

I don't fully understand what you mean but Carve EQ and Slice EQ are the only plugins that has such behavior.

As far as I remember there was the same problem on 11 Ableton version