Is Vocal Runs 2 VSTi copyright free

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Pure Energy, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

is it like a synth i can use it in my productions or do I have to give copyright notice
    it does not say anywhere that i am aware of

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

It's an instrument. You use it, you don't have to notify the devs! It's a bit like 'a guitar'.
    I know what u think u mean, but no. Btw, u don't know what u mean!
    Even with a sample library, u have a license to use the samples. But nowadays some small companies with samples are now asking for more money if u sign to a major though, which is slimey.

Of course, u need to own this instrument to use it commercially without legal problems!

4. Talula

Talula Rock Star

read eula (license agreement) that comes with instrument or at developers website.

5. Smoove Grooves

6. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

Hmmm interesting I was looking at LIC for a lot of VSTi and Samples Most need acknowledgement

so how does that work with Services like SPLICE etc...

Does it fall on the artist to prove ownership or splice

7. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

there is always a way to get away with copyright. if you sample it so well. ofcourse you "might" get into trouble if you use sample as it is and claim it as yours. better process mix and then use it in production or atleast layer it with something. that is my advice. other people might help you better in the way i am going. btw i got a msg once from my distributor about a sample. i replied them that it's my own voice and i processed it but lost my project file. so they approved my release. no questions asked after that. i have to check if i did released any track with vocals after that. but that's it mainly i do make instrumental / electronic stuff only. toobtoo with the vocals i guess

8. Smoove Grooves

The op is using an instrument though.
    Yes @Pure Energy, of course you need to own your Splice library or whatever! And one day, if you have a commercial release, they may contact you to make sure you own the samples you are using.
    But when you buy the instrument you mentioned in the first post, you just use it and they will never contact you I'd say.
    No, "most" companies don't ask for "acknowledgement", but some do ask now, true. Or worse, as I mentioned, some small companies ask for more than acknowledgement now, as if they can decide to charge you more if you sign a big deal with a major! So don't buy samples from them!
    Been doing this for so long, I do know what I am talking about, and I guess people ask a question because they don't know the answer?
    @Pure Energy From your last post, I'd say that too little knowledge is dangerous.
    Let's not jump around to lots of different sample based products, but focus on Vocal Runs:
    You are fine, no worries. :wink:
    Exactly.

9. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

it does say in the demo its copyright free :)