Is TrainYourEars worth for 49€?

Discussion in 'Education' started by oa., May 31, 2016.

1. oa.

oa. Ultrasonic

A simple question, worth it? Any user suggests?

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It all depends on your ears :)

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

IMO, best way to train your ears:

Listen to the works of good engineers. You will know when you hear a great, clean production. It will pop your ears open and you can start hearing all the clean details, compression and sounds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Ear training is with no doubt very important. If paying € 49 will motivate you to do ear training practice on a daily basis, I's say it well worth the price.

We often tend to under evaluate free (also pirated) products and we don't use them at their full potential, don't read their user manual, don't spend a proper amount of weeks learning inside out each feature, that's why we tend to collect instead of actually learning our tools and producing with them.

So if you're the kind of person like me, when you pay a price you'll squeeze everything out of that learning resource. I'd say go for it.

6. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

Try the Philips Golden Ear Training ( I can't find a link anymore :dunno:) before investing your money, pretty sure it's free and touches on some of the same concepts. You could always import some mastered mixes you enjoy into your DAW and mess around with EQ, multiband comp and stereo field.

But as stated above, if you feel that this will help you achieve your goals, go for it.

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yes and no,maybe,but then again maybe not.

8. Headphone Zombie

Headphone Zombie Newbie

From what I can tell it doesn't really seem worth it to me. But if you are looking for a site to help you with ear training, check out SoundGym. Or check out some vids on youtube about it to see if it is worth it. Good Luck!

9. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah all I ever did was mix things the way they sound good to me :dunno:

What I've noticed tends to be my most consistent fault is that when I get your masters back usually the mids have been pushed down quite a bit... which makes sense because you don't want to induce fatigue to the listener. In my mind all those mids sound good and provide lots of clarity while I'm mixing it, but it sort of flies in the face of the idea of a "warm" sounding track. Then I get the mastered track and go 'ahhh yeah that makes sense'

10. Reza73

Reza73 Kapellmeister

Yes sure its essential for all musicians . and its difficult but very useful
    But the time you spend for
    TrainYourEars
    is more important than money