is tomorrow a better day?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by petrrr, Jul 29, 2022.

?

is tomorrow a better day?

1. yes

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

No because of the entropy, the order to desorder.

2. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

How deep are we going with this?

Well if we're got to pick a standing then for me it no.

Tomorrow is something we'll never experiance, it our dreams and assumptions of what will happen. right now we're have today and when this day end we'll still be living through a today, when do we live through a tomorrow? It's a true Zeno's paradox.

should the question not be is today better then yesterday? We all experianced a yesterday and we have a today right now, we can compair these. We haven't had a tomorrow and we never will as we'll just have another today.

I mean the reality of your question is "are our dreams and plans for the future not better then what we're doing now?" but since it's a question of is a dream to come being better or worse then what I have, I like what I have better then what I could have so I'm saying NO.

While thinking of yeaterday compaired to today. I found a news paper in the wall when pulling the kitchen down to refurbish it, on wednesday. The news paper was from 1969, a 68 year old lady had had to wait 12 weeks for the UK emergency gas people to fix her supply. The gas board took 2 weeks to get someone out to look at it. 3 weeks later she was told she needed to travel 3 miles to fill in a for for a part as they had lost the original. 8 weeks later 3 no. engineers turned up, 1 spent the hole time outside smoking reading a paper, 1 no. when to sleep on her sofa and was only woken up when the 3rd yelled to have a tool past to him. the article ends with the gas boards response was if she writes to them in regards to this issue they'd look into it, and her response of " I don't think I'll be doing that as I don't think I'll be alive long enought for them to do anything about it". great thing to find after the plumber who's to remove a redundant gas supply from the kitchen wall tells me he won't show.

So I currently believe "People don't change, we just surround are selves with fancy gadgets".

3. Barmaley (covid edition)

Barmaley (covid edition) Kapellmeister

Today is the best day
    Let's cut the flags above the troops
    Today is the best day
    Today is a battle with fools

Сегодня самый лучший день
    Пусть реют флаги над полками
    Сегодня самый лучший день
    Сегодня битва с дураками

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  4. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

5. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

There is no tomorrow any more than there is yesterday.
    There is only now, and it is eternal.