Is this really the state of music right now?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cappin kurt, Jul 22, 2024 at 2:46 PM.

?

Would you use A.I.to make a full song or just part of?

1. No not at all it’s cheating yourself

82.0%
  2. Yes fastest way to get my thoughts out

18.0%
  1. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

once i had a high pitched song playing in my room
    and some birds came into my window, thinking it was another bird singing

that looks like a very gentle AI, what happens if you are rude to him?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. ULX

ULX Member

The only thing I can think of to get rid of these unfinished questions is to message the creators of AI and ask them to explain how their AI works.
    Why do they keep artificial intelligence in obscurity and produce these dubious questions?
    If they are not afraid of their product, then explain it to everyone and prove that what they say is true. It means that their products are really smart and can replace humans and human products.
    And if there really is no such thing as true artificial intelligence, admit without shame that everything that has been claimed so far has been playing with people's minds.

images.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2024 at 6:39 PM
  3. Smeghead

Smeghead Producer

Dude, that's 80% of the internet including 97% of jOuRnAlIsM.

4. samuwell

samuwell Newbie

Yeah, it’s a tough blow for the industry.

5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

i guess far beyond .some science nowadays says IQ test is not an indicator at all cause humans have different forms of intelligence .some are better in numbers ,some in lets say psychology,some in spatial thinking ,some in this and that ,.......

6. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

nobody in this thread even did or does know what it takes to create a true AI computer , yet the marketing in audio,graphics and movies claiming to use AI but using smart algos ,while consumer is instantly hyped and stoked about it .Why : cause its part of marketing of the media all over to push tranzhumanism and a tool to prepair dig ital c bank monez .wtf
    all thinking we need more science advance to solve old problems while not even (want)to understanding causes.:suicide:

7. Smeghead

Smeghead Producer

I kind of dig the idea of transhumanism but I don't disagree with this statement :wink:

• List
  8. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

Exactly my thoughts. The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti touches on this issue.

If you look at the broader context: are we really conscious? Or are we just copying patterns that we have learned during our lives? After all, how many of our character traits are just copied from our parents? Are we really creating something new when we write our songs? Or are we unconsciously regurgitating snippets of other songs that we don't even remember hearing? Perhaps, we are just robots made of flesh, slaves to our own delusions of free will?

It's kind of poetic if you think about the AI as an imperfect being created in our image that mirrors our own flaws.

And, as a response to the main topic: no, I don't use AI "art". Have you ever seen The Human Centipede guys? Strangely, it always comes to mind whenever I think about AI.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  9. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I do believe that free will is an illusion.

10. Smeghead

Smeghead Producer

Does anyone read the classic scifi writer Stanislaw Lem (Solaris)? The nature of human vs. cybernetic intelligence was a major theme of his. He liked the idea of humans creating machine intelligence, which then eventually led to them creating biological intelligence, in a circle.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

natures/earths/galaxi's main concept