Is this really the state of music right now?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cappin kurt, Jul 22, 2024 at 2:46 PM.

?

Would you use A.I.to make a full song or just part of?

1. No not at all it’s cheating yourself

80.8%
  2. Yes fastest way to get my thoughts out

19.2%
  1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I'm afraid the imbuement we think we feel when listening to music that makes us want to dance is nothing more than the auditory cortex stimulating the motor cortex as they're both in close proximity. I'm a party pooper!

I am aware that we don't have true AI, it's existence is something I've argued against for over thirty years whenever anybody told me about some new breakthrough in AI. It seems though that in the public realm the definition of AI is changing, as definitions will. In a scientific sense we need a specific set of rules that determine that AI has reached self-awareness and a new Turing test to prove it. You mention the Turing test in relation to music, I'm not sure about that but the actual Turing test seems to have raised debate, there are claims that it's been passed by AI.

I don't necessarily doubt that AI could be trained to create unique music with no reference to human music, such a LLM needs to consist of data that 100% excludes all reference to music (but includes all components of it) and the AI needs to be instructed to put these components together in a way that seems to make mathematical sense. Maybe it will 'learn' from human feedback in a strict 'like' or 'didn't like' response format. That would be interesting. What we have now is a kind of Band in a Box on steroids.

Maybe inputting all this human music into AI is getting in the way of it creating something useful to musicians.

2. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Bird song?

3. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

Written on DSEQ Page:
    "DSEQ offers various filter types such as cut, peak and shelf filters. The filter sensitivity determines how strongly the signal is recognized by the dynamic equalizers. DSEQ V2 makes it even easier to tame digital harshness thanks to its smart AI function"

4. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

What did you tell me? I must have missed it.

5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

dikker , schnitzel wiener art ist kein wiener schnitzel ....dont be so naive , forgive me .

6. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

ads up perfect with your avatar:hillbilly::cheers:

7. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

HandPan drums too :yes:

8. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Kapellmeister

better poll would be : do you think a one man audio effects dev can code a true AI ?
    [​IMG]

9. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Funny I just pulled out a record to throw on, Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight, one of the best rock albums ever done, guess where it was recorded..

Man Sabbath did so much coke in that building recording Vol 4. TONS of great fucking records have come out of there. That place needs to be deemed a historical building.